Where is my INF file in SbuilderX

Hi,

I was watching a video, put out by Captain K-Man about 4 years ago in his Part 2 video - Making Photoreal Airports. In the video, he compiled the airport KRNT for the photoreal scenery. After he compiled it, it created a bitmap file, a bgl file, a text file, and a INF file in the SbuilderX / Tools / Work folder. I did the same thing, but using KBHM, and it created all of the files except the INF. Why did it not create an INF file? I am using the latest version of SbuilderX, which is 3.15, and I've noticed it's a litter different from version 3.13 and 3.14.

Ken.

Last edited:
Hi,

I may have found it but I'm not 100 percent sure if this is the INF file that was created along with the other files. Here's what I found. There is an INF file in the SbuilderX / Tools / and Work Folder, but the date is wrong, and I don't understand that. But when I looked at the Source File in the INF, it has exactly the same file name as the bitmap and text file. The bitmap and text show a date as 8/1/2019 at 9:42 pm. The Photo1.bgl shows a date of 8/1/2019 and a time at 9:43pm. But the INF file shows a date of 2/19/2018 at 10:07pm. Should the date and time be the same for all these 4 files? I paused the video where it shows the files it compiled and the date for all 4 files were the same. So, I'm confused as to why the date with the INF file is not the same as the date with the other files, but the Source File name in the INF matches the other files.

Ken.

Last edited:
Hi Ken:

Yes, the dates and approximate times should all match ...including the *.INF file. :pushpin:

Note that SBuilderX names the *.INF file according to the "Map" name, which for custom photo-real imagery must have a filename prefix of Photo[map name and/or number].INF.

When SBuilderX attempts to compile a source file set to BGL, it will first check to see what "Map" names are in:

[SBuilderX install path]\Tools\Work

If a Map name already exists, SBuilderX may either re-use it or create a different one using the next sequential number.

Rather than attempting to verify that info in the existing *.INF and all listed files match what is currently selected in the SBuilderX work-space, IMHO, it is best to: ;)

1.) Add a copy of the 'old' *.INF file to a ZIP file

2.) Delete the original 'old' *.INF file

3.) Re-start BGL compilation of the scenery content currently selected in the SBuilderX work-space

SBuilderX should now output a new *.INF file matching dates / approximate times of files in the selected data set.

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

Apparently, if one leaves the INF file from a previous work, it shows the date the INF was first created That's what was confusing me. When I selected the INF file, it then shows the correct date and time, and it also shows the date and time the file was first created, which was the time and date indicated in list. I deleted the old INF and compiled it again and this time, all 4 files shows the same date and time.

Ken.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
You might notice that filenames within a directory (folder) will have 2 dates: the created date & modified date. The .inf, if already present, you will need to check the modified date.

In explorer you might have to add the modified date tab/ column to view it.

Last edited:
You might notice that filenames within a directory (folder) will have 2 dates: the created date & modified date. The .inf, if already present, you will need to check the modified date.

In explorer you might have to add the modified date tab/ column to view it.

Yes, that's how I found out that the file was current. It showed the 2 dates you mentioned, the date created and the date modified.

Ken.