• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Where is the Current Development Version of the PDF ADE User's Manual?

I've recently installed the 1.79.7475 development version of ADE and there is no pdf ADE User's manual in this install. And the pdf manual does not show up under the Help menu in ADE. The only manual I can find is the GP User's Manual, which is a pdf. Why is this main pdf User's manual not included in this install? I know there's a link to the online manual but I prefer the off line PDF version of manuals.

Ken.

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You can find a PDF version of the manual here. It can be awkward to navigate to scruffyducksoftware.com, but generally, when I develop things, I distribute only the latest builds of the absolutely most relevant software and I heavily rely on my testers to fill the gaps with what has been already previously supplied.

I know, this places the redundancy of sourcing the not so latest files onto the user, as opposed to myself and I hope they will forgive this oversight and understand I instead focus on improving the software. I don't know if Jon has this same philosophy, but he does seem to work very hard at providing excellent software.

You can find a PDF version of the manual here. It can be awkward to navigate to scruffyducksoftware.com, but generally, when I develop things, I distribute only the latest builds of the absolutely most relevant software and I heavily rely on my testers to fill the gaps with what has been already previously supplied.

I know, this places the redundancy of sourcing the not so latest files onto the user, as opposed to myself and I hope they will forgive this oversight and understand I instead focus on improving the software. I don't know if Jon has this same philosophy, but he does seem to work very hard at providing excellent software.

Thanks Rick. This is the older version manual but I suppose the information reflects the 1.79 version since every thing seems to work the same way.

Ken.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Yep, I usually wait to write the manual until the release is done being developed. I don't know if Jon does things the same way, but he does make excellent software, there's that.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
1.65 is the last full pdf manual and the changes in later versions up to 1.79 are not major and many of these are covered in the on-line help. The biggest changes version to version these days are when a new version of P3D is released that changes the underlying bgl format

I try to document roughly as I go along which is what you see in the pdf notes for ADE 2020 but I am primarily a programmer and not a documentor :(