• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Whisplacer Won't exe.

Country
us-michigan
I thought I'd try out Whisplacer. I tried downloading and using Instant Scenery 3 demo, but unfortunately was unable to use it for some reason. Now after downloading Whisplacer it won't exe. It says I need Java installed. I downloaded the most resent Java, installed and restarted the computer and it still says I need to install Java. Do I need a earlier version?

Country
us-minnesota
Click on the Whisplacer Executable Jar file and the program should open. It took me a long time to figure this out years ago - I think it happens because of using a 64 bit OS.

Country
us-michigan
Ok, I've figured that out, but now it wants me to set up my FSX installation folder each time. I chose the right path and "Make Database" and it comes up with "Export finished : 0 exported, 0 skipped. I click details and it says "Unsatisfiedlinkerror : no jRegistrykey.dll. Close that and comes up with that I didn't download or install the thumbnails collection. I ok that and the program opens up. I go to Preferences and direct the FSX BGLcomp path and FSX installation path. I ok that. After that it will not connect to FSX. I can open the Library manager and the lists are there.

I am using FSX Steam Edition.

FSX is located in Program Files x86

Each time I open Whisplacer I have to redo all the paths.

It doesn't matter what path I use for the BGLcomp path, FSX SDK or Lockheed Martin SDK.

Country
brazil
I've heard FSX in Program Files folder is a bad thing. But are you running "as administrator"?

I'm out of my computer now, but I'll look which file holds the configs for Whisplacer.