Win10 Stutter on Aircaft That Work Fine on Win7

Hi Folks,

I've got an aircraft that stutters badly when loaded and installed on Win10 - works fine in Win7... I've tried disabling Windows logging - all the security features including the one that prompts you to run executable... I've loaded and ran it with all the elevated permissions I can think of... When loaded in the sim - this particular aircraft has the sounds that start playing immediately - even before the aircraft is loaded - the stutters are present in the sound as the aircraft loads... The stutters occur every 15 to 30 seconds and affect both the sounds and visuals... The aircraft is glass smooth in between stutter periods that last 5 to 10 seconds... I've searched pretty thoroughly on this topic and I've noted this issue reported on more than one vendors aircraft and I've noticed the earliest reports started with Win8... I've never used Win8 so I have no personal experience... From a layman's perspective - I would suspect it would have to be a gauge issue...

Does anyone have any knowledge of this issue - or any ideas how to troubleshoot... I'm not the developer so I'm certainly limited on what I can do...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

=rk=

Resource contributor
You should probably be more specific. For stuttering aircraft you would want to talk to the manufacturer or mechanic. For stuttering simulated aircraft you would want to provide some relevant information like which simulator. If the problem occurs with just "an aircraft," as opposed to a specific add on, it is unlikely that anyone will be able to reproduce the event.
However, you might try this: uninstall your simulator from Program Files(x86). Pick a location outside program folders, like C:/FSX and reinstall, check for plane stutter.

Can you provide specs for the W7 and W10 machines? I suspect that it may be a problem only the vendor can sort out.

=rk=

Resource contributor
W10 works fine for many of us and considering this is a developers forum, exploring compatibility options is probably more productive than retro grading an operating system for perceived backwards compatibility to a flight simulator.

I'm afraid if the vendor won't help (some reply with can't help you due to the many different issues with OS's), you are on your own.

Not knowing your vendor ...
The licensing of aircraft causes the vendor to implement programs to do things that windows suspects as malicious so it causes windows error reports or DEP (data execution prevention) errors. You have to do many things to your computer to stop these, registry changes, folder changes, security changes etc. etc.

=rk=

Resource contributor
You have to do many things to your computer to stop these, registry changes, folder changes, security changes etc. etc.
Actually it is usually VERY simple:
uninstall your simulator from Program Files(x86). Pick a location outside program folders, like C:/FSX and reinstall, check for plane stutter.