• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Windsock animation didnt show

Country
indonesia
hey, i just learned about windsock animating on gmax. so i just made a windsock then i animate by Vertex and i export everything as usual as ambient but the animation didnt show in mcx... anyone have solutions? thx (i tried to use Bones too, still no animation appear)

Attachments

• Screenshot (131).png
    Screenshot (131).png
    83.2 KB · Views: 450
  • Screenshot (132).png
    Screenshot (132).png
    90.3 KB · Views: 333
Country
indonesia
heres the mcx animation manager

Attachments

• Screenshot (134).png
    Screenshot (134).png
    135.8 KB · Views: 328

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Perhaps the animation isn't "fixed" into the part until you click the big red Animation button to turn it off? Also, you mention Vertex Animation - FS doesn't support animating vertices separately within a single part, AFAIK. If you want your windsock to wave in the wind you would need to use IK or Skin and Bones animations.

Country
indonesia
Perhaps the animation isn't "fixed" into the part until you click the big red Animation button to turn it off? Also, you mention Vertex Animation - FS doesn't support animating vertices separately within a single part, AFAIK. If you want your windsock to wave in the wind you would need to use IK or Skin and Bones animations.

Ooh i get it, but i think the anim is 100% fixed as usual animations i made. I also tried to animate with IK too as i mentioned but still didnt get the animation

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I assume that you have not tagged the part correctly in GMAX using the FSX tools. Perhaps you have neglected to enter the start and end keyframes?

Country
indonesia
Hi sorry for bringing this topic up again. I decided to try this again with bones and IK animation. Ive managed to animate it and assign it as ambient, after exporting from gmax of course as .mdl with export animation and export skin checked, i tried to import to mcx for further modifications. But it doesnt have any animation assigned in mcx as you can see in this picture below.

Ive set the vertice weight thingy to 0.1
f315b9e1acd88918e2decbf458103f25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I would post this question in the ModelConverterX forum. It may be that bones animations are not supported in MCX?

Country
indonesia
Yea ill try on mcx forum. As long as i know mcx does support bones, it can read sode jetways, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk