• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[WIP] Skopje Alexander The Great LWSK

Country
australia
Hi Tekica123,

Did you get the problem with the mipmaps sorted out?

I was reading the posts above and noticed you wrote about creating mipmaps for textures. I'm definitely no expert on the matter, but when I learnt how to convert bmp textures to dds I was shown a different way. Maybe if you are still having issues, you could try:

1/ Open the bmp with image tool

2/ Click on "Image" tab, scroll down and click on "Create Mipmaps".

3/ Click on "Image" tab again, scroll down to arrow for "Format" until drop down menu appears, then scroll down and click on DXT 1.

4/ Save the texture as .dds.

Like I said, I'm no expert, and you may have already overcome the issue, but just in case.

Cheers,

Scott

Country
macedonia
Hi,

here is some news for you (sure if you are interested in this project).

I have added skidmarks for the stands, soon will be for the gates, hope you like it :)

wQY58fM.jpg

Country
macedonia
Added some Oil Stains, take a look below :)

cDv5klO.jpg

rtq3YxJ.jpg

Dont forget, this is my first make of detailed textures like good skidmark (i think its good :D) and oil stains and something similiar :)

Country
macedonia
@Shaun thank you so much friend, can you tell me what do you prefer to change here, what you will change in this ground polygon to look more realistic (i mean in textures, runway, apron, skidmark textures) ? Thanks btw can you answer on my question in the another post ?? (Will it depend on fps if i use more layers like skidmarks, scaled, rotated, and etc..without loft or it will be same with loft or like mine (scaled, rotated and etc..)) ? :)

Country
unitedkingdom
Up to you. You can use a noise layer over the top of the aerial imagery. You have to take out all the lines and marking though. Then change the image to a multiple of 1024, and export it in 1024 bits. You can bake the textures from the objects onto them too :)

Country
macedonia
What do you mean under noise layer ?? Btw i want a rate from you for the ground polygon (without the aerial image) the apron,markings,runway,skidmarks and etc.., take out the buildings, the textures is not finished for it still ... Tell me what to change on the ground polygon (apron,markings,runway,skidmarks and etc..) and can you tell me what is noise layer and how can i make it ?

Country
france
my notation is for all the scenery :) I meant the building textures, is you use Blender or GMax or 3DS, you can add ambiant occlusion and thing like that ;), for my side, Im on my first official blender project (its hard) but I know I will get better tools and create a better scenery.

ground textures, try to add some details as new layers (water mark, oil mark etc, crack...) for now the asphalt looks too repetitive for me ;)

but overall, its will be a good scenery :)

Country
macedonia
I'll :) Thank you for suggestion !

Btw I played with some Wizz Air Models and take a look how it will look with finish results ! :)

7rhjoY6.png
zuddtbZ.png
Zoe0r05.png

And added more realism now :) Does it look better than before?
43cuBxs.png
aPnjT6P.png
rwq7iMh.png
pVJcAuO.png
zuTPBS8.png