World movement

bpahe

Resource contributor
Well, since I now know that members of the FS team do read occasionally from the discussion here at Scenerydesign, I would like to make another wish... I bought the new racing-sim GT Legends, which features 2 things that might not be new, but they are pretty d-ng nice. Well, it´s basically what RealAirSimulations implemented in the Spit - head movement based on g-forces. In GT Legends this is taken one step forward, your vision is in no-way still when driving in high speed down a bumpy track. I want the same when taxiing down a grass runway, when landing and so on. Also "look into apex" (which can be set in percent) is quite nice, although I´m aware that you often look left when you turn right.

Try the demo if you´re interested - www.gt-legends.com

/hans

bpahe

Resource contributor
Wow. Well that was a feature that I didn´t know that AC had - gonna try the demo over Seattle to find out. Anyway, still a wish on my behalf! :)
I´ll try to record a small movie to show what I mean. And Nick, thanks for the blog-links, definitely the most interesting reads on the web right now!

/hans

bpahe

Resource contributor
Hi again!

I´ve recorded 2 "small" movies that might display what I mean with world movement. Note that the choppy FPS is due to Fraps recording - it is smooth in FS but uses a lot of frames in f. ex. GT Legends and GPL.

The first one is recorded using "normal" settings for world movement (55%) and look into apex (15%);
Film no. 1 7.8 MB 30 sec.

The second one has the above settings exaggregated. You would probably not drive with these settings...
Film no. 2 6.7 MB 30 sec.

/hans