• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Worldscripts : tired of generating/pasting guids..... dozens off coordinates ? Helping hand here ...

Country
chile
Good day to all , I recently experimented the troubles for generating the worldscripts , hard work , .... not anymore.
Have a look at this.
Happy to share.

Greetings

Thanks for your help with Worldscript :)

Could you possibly add a working KML demo file to the zip archive? This somehow doesn't work for me, and I think it's due to the KML file I exported from ArcGis Pro, which may not be exported in the correct format. I don't use Google Earth and I'm not familiar with KML files. But with a demo KML I could compare the contents of the files.

Hi Christian. Of couse I will.
I am new to this art also. And the MSFS compiler is , well, like every compiler .... no mercy.
As I have found out, I have already made 2 revision of the original code because of the resulting Script.xml wich of course is just an skeleton of the most importante ( and relevant for my app ). And there are many options that can or can not be incorporated.
So, you will never have a sript that works for everything , but always for a special ocasion. I am attaching a complete proyect of worldscript animation , a golf cart that follows a certain path.... With the app, you can generate your own path ( coodrinates ) because you will always need the GUIDs for every waypoint.
Before opening the sim, you take the xml in the root and click drop it into fspackagetool. ( look at root of proyect ) If it compiles ok, you are done.You will have changed the path or the model , I suppose.
The scenery ( bgl ) is needed for inserting it wherever you want. ( be aware of coordinates ..... the vehicle will chase the first waypoint from wherever you drop it into the scenery.... in the world ) ( world coordinates )
This is the standard structure for such a project , inspect every .cfg and .xml in the structure and you will understand how it works.
Attached 2 files. Proyect complete and google earth kml

Greetings.
Alles Gute .
Stay in touch if it does not work out.

Francisco

Last edited:
Hi Christian, thanks to your post I discovered that the app is missmatching longitude with latitude.
Wait for version 0.101 as soon as possible.
Sorry , only today I had the chance to test inside the sim. It compiles ok but the coordinates are wrong, that is , missmatched.
Greetings

Hello Francisco :)

Thank you for providing the demo files. I really appreciate that. I'll now take some time and test all of this. I'll let you know if everything worked.
Thank you again!

Back