• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Wrong Approach Lighting Systems

• Thread starter Deleted member 19077
  • Start date

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
You'll probably have to wait until Don returns to get further answers, sorry.

D

Deleted member 19077

Okay.
Fyi ... I get it so far that I start to compile the .def-file via the "Make Array" function in the AFLT. But than I got an error message:
Compiler Error Outout
Parsing document: C:\ .....
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, clomn, error)
ERROR: 13,27, Fehler beim Analysieren von "1,0" als double-Datentyp.
Das Attribut "heading" hat gemäß seinem Datentyp einen ungültigen Wert.

I´m a German native speaker. So I understand what failure is mentioned. But the problem is that I still use a "." and not a "," as seperator.

D

Deleted member 19077

Does anyone of you has an idea what the problem is?
I need it for my bachelor thesis ...

D

Deleted member 19077

Compiler Error Outout
Parsing document: C:\"document path"
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, clomn, error)
ERROR: 13,27, failure while analysis of "1,0" as double-data type.
the attribute "heading" has in accordance with his data type an invalid value.

That is the translation into english

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK I am late to this so may be missing the point. MS compilers require that the decimal separator be a '.' This is coupled with the fact that a ',' is used as a thousands separator. As y'all know many countries use the ',' as the decimal separator and if that convention gets passed to the compiler then an error is likely to occur.

Generally we code to avoid this situation. I don't know what is coded into AFLT so Don will need to look at this. One temporary fix for the issue has been to change the numeric decimal separator in the country settings. This would pass a '.' to the compiler instead of a ',' You suggest that you use a '.' as separator. Does that mean you have changed your country settings or is this some other thing?

Country
france
As Jon pointed out, decimal separator is a common problem in all applications that pass data to the MS/P3D compilers. However, it is rather easy to determine within an application current user decimal separator and, if needed, replace it by a dot in all instances before passing to the compiler. No need to change country settings. More comfortable for the end user

D

Deleted member 19077

; SALS

;A green threshold marker and seven white-lighted bars preceeded by five Strobe-Unis. The spacing of the lights confroms to the FAA specification.
;The first line (Lat/lon/elev/hdg) is airport dependent as is the final entry on each other lines (the elevation of each light/lightbar relative
;to the threshold elevation.
<
39.066210352 | 26.593558341 | 17.373M | 150.07
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -1400F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -1200F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-4x5F | -42.5F | -1000F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-4x5F | -22.5F | -1000F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -1000F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-4x5F | 22.5F | -1000F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-4x5F | 42.5F | -1000F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -800F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -600F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -400F| 2F | White-Hi
Approach-5x3p4F | 0 | -200F| 2F | White-Hi
/>

This is the content of my def-file.
Running this threw "Make Array" bringing me the failure. So there is still a "." as seperator.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Don is away I think until about Apr 22 or 23. He is the developer and the only person who can confirm what is going on.

D

Deleted member 19077

Okay, hopefully he will solve the problem fast.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
His user name here is gadgets. Please send him a message