• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

X3 Terran Conflict; the Space simulator.

Country
us-arizona
Hey all. Off topic of FS, but still in a slightly 'simulator' sector, I have been back to catching some flight time in the stars. I love this game. I think I have over 140 ships now, alot of them freighters that are on trade assignments, a bunch of military wings or squadrons, poised and waiting for an assault from the enemy and pirates. Good fun.

If you like space, FS, fighter craft, freighters and trading, and freedom in the game to do what you want, and also fighting the enemies in fighter like craft, you might like X3TC.

SCREENSHOT
This is a station I just purchased/had made. It appears to be near a Taladi type Planet. (They are usually like a Dune world with lakes that look like anti-freeze fluid, a bright green. The famed future metal 'Telladianium' comes from the elements in their Dune planet(s). You can just see my ship parked in front of it, a bit of red on its hull, half star-liner, half frieghter, called a Split (species that make it) Iguana Vanguard. With a boost extention, turbo extension, engine tune, this thing will do 2,000 meters a second (M/S). Nothing like the awesome Nemesis lite corvette though, (my first fave).

Bill

Last edited:
Yep.. Orbiter is pretty darn good.

You arent hijacking my thread are you? hey.....

kidding. ;)

Orbiter is good, but I like it 1,000 years into the future, trading and making hyper jumps to the far end of the galaxy, shooting pirates, and buying used ships...

Is X3 a MMORPG?

I recall tinkering around with X2 quite some time ago by my PC wasn't up-to-spec enough to handle it at that time. I've been worried X3'dd turn out like Starlancer, which was a little disappointing for as far as I got into it...

I've been thinking of Eve Online but it seems too complex and would entail numerous hours of intense dedication I just don't have.

Last edited:
Is X3 a MMORPG?

I am not familiar with the term MMORPG. X3TC is X3 Terran Conflict. It is a 'flying around in a ship' game, much like Flight Simulator. You can exit a ship in space, and you are seen in a space suit, and can go around your ship, etc.

You can also shoot at things, be it with missles, rockets, chain gun things, mag rail launchers, etc. So its also like CFS as well.

I recall tinkering around with X2 quite some time ago by my PC wasn't up-to-spec enough to handle it at that time. I've been worried X3'dd turn out like Starlancer, which was a little disappointing for as far as I got into it...

X2 was the first one. X3 runs good on my computer. I have settings at about 75%. Now and then my computer struggles. My rig is era 2008 in December, Intel chip, 4 Gigs RAM, WinXP 32.

I havent played StarLancer, so I cant compare.

I've been thinking of Eve Online but it seems too complex and would entail numerous hours of intense dedication I just don't have.

I have heard X3TC compared as being just like Eve ONline, except that with X3TC, you have 'no' multiplayer, which is kind of sad at times, but if you think of the complexity of having all your AI vehicles you own running on someone elses rig as well, the power of amount of data flow would double or combine with each and every player, so I can see how that would be difficult. Maybe with EVE, they have a different system. Maybe its a bit like Warcraft, I dont know.

I must say, I cheat ALOT in X3, and I dont know how that would work in a multi player setup, lol.. . I dont have a zillion hours to build up the credits to make stations, so I got the CyCrow cheat and just started making systems, ships, etc. I test ships, explore, etc. Its addictive to me. I like to explore and find things, and with all the systems, you find tons of cool bits, surprizes, abandoned ships to claim, etc.

Another thing is I dont like to be pinned down to a story board schedule (go here, look for the something, return to there, fight pirates here for 3 days, etc, etc). I like to do my own thing depending on my mood.

I heard that StarFighter was totally different because you go to stations and talk with other pilots and aliens. I can see how that would be cool in this game. Mass Effect is like that.

Both Mass Effect 3 and X3 Rebirth are due out soon, full new versions. Should be interesting.

ME is one awesome game. I have played many hours on that, and still havent fully finished. Some people, hard core gamers, have finished it in a weekend. How, I'll never know....

X3 is nice. I've played them all from X-BTF, through X2 to X3. The gameplay dynamic will be immediately familiar to anyone who ever played Elite, or Elite 2 Frontier. It's single player but feels like an MMO as the universe is so rich with other AI pilots, bullitin boards looking for pilots for hire and side-missions as well as the full-on campaign.

However, it is not a simulation. For space simulation, try Space Shuttle Mission 2007. The interface isn't the best, but it is a button-clickers delight with virtually every function of the shuttle cockpit replicated and numerous historical shuttle missions to complete.

Si

OK... my interest peaked so, since the expense was menial, I have laid out the money and I'm getting most of the series. I'm that way with games: I'll try to purchase all of the releases and play them from the earliest to the latest. Couldn't find "X: Beyond the Frontier" but I believe I found the rest. If I don't like them, I'll eBay them!

Back