• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX YBCG Gold Coast Airport

Max creates awesome scenery you will enjoy. Max if there is anything I can help you with PM at OZ_x or FB whatever is easier...cheers mate.

Can I ask for a small request? We recently took some wedding photos over at Fingel Head light house, which is very close in proximity to the Airport. Is there anyway we update the representation in the sim for that region? Thank you :)

YBCG - Max

This is good news indeed Max!

It's about time YBCG was FSX revisited.

I have tried using John Ross' version for FSX, but have repeatedly experienced problems with it from OOM's, crashes etc (particularly with the NGX) and my system and cfg specs are no slouch. John's rendition was really nice including the surrounding areas, but no use to me if I could only take off from there without an issue but not land without some kind of glitch.

Looking forward to it Max. Be happy to beta test for you if required.

Rgds,

Steve

I'll let you know Steve. I will need some testing very soon.

It's nearly done but it's all a question of where I want to stop. I could keep adding cars and trees and fences and all sorts of extra stuff but I just want something useable first and foremost.

/

It's nearly done but it's all a question of where I want to stop. I could keep adding cars and trees and fences and all sorts of extra stuff but I just want something useable first and foremost.
/

Max, the performance and look of your previous sceneries are excellent so if you can find the same balance that would be perfect. Really looking forward to this one :)

/

Hi Max,

I forgot to ask you in my previous post.....is there any chance you could (if you haven't already) include 3D lights throughout YBCG. ie RWY, Aprons, Taxiways, etc?

If that's not adding too much extra workload onto you already?! They're always overlooked even in this era of 3D in FSX.

Much appreciated!

Rgds,

Steve

PS: You know us end users won't complain too much about the details you're adding in and when to stop. It will always just be a question of Frame friendliness. And if your YBCG doesn't have any glitches and runs fairly FPS friendly, you'll be a hero to all of us who have been waiting on this airport...that's for certain.

OK just about done now :)

There's a long row of GA/Heli hangars and Aero businesses at Cooly so I have been adding a few of those in more detail. The rest will be generic buildings from ADE for now. They don't look too bad anyway.

Frame rates are in the high 20's to 40.

XCLTM3 - Wasn't planning on doing 3D lights, they are a bit of a time consuming task. Maybe in a future update.

OmniAtlas - Maybe I'll add the lighthouse in the future.

Max.

Last edited:
It's in testing now over at OzX. It's now going to be released under that group with the added knowledge and expertise of those great guys.

looking forward

just out of curiosity, what r those yellow lines in the last pic at the bottom just next to the runway. and also the 1st pic going across the runway 14 threshold