• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

yeah....erm

Country
us-georgia
Another issue. I compile kstl….that goes fine. I save it to the AddOn scenery file. Load up FSX....choose KSTL....starts to load....ctd

Attachments

• KSTL_ADEX_waj.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 79

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I can replicate the CTD. There are no faults reported in the bgl file or issues via the issue manager when loaded into ADE. However please post the project file (.ad4) Generally we prefer to work from the project file when debugging an airport

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Looks like the compiler you are using. I compiled your project using the FSX (P3D v1.4) Compiler and it loads into the sim fine. Compilers are not backwards compatible and if something is in the bgl that the sim does not understand or recognize then it will CTD. Can you please check carefully which compiler you are using

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well that looks like P3dv1.4

Please open ADE in FSX mode, If you have only one version of the sims then it will open directly, otherwise you need to select from the drop down

1563981863515.png

Go to Settings > Options > Folder Tab. At the bottom are the two boxes for the compilers. When you open this you may not be able to read the whole path. Of so put the cursor on the field and click the end key

Take a screenshot of the dialog and post it here

1563981978795.png

This shows that I am using the P3D v1.4 SDK which is working here to compile the airport without causing the CTD

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not sure what you mean by dropdown. Can you provide the screenshot I asked for?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
thanks. please remove the old compiled bgl file that caused the ctd. compile a new one and see if that also causes a crash

Country
us-georgia
no ctd. But...?...when I want to compile...should I use stock airport or from bgl. thanks for the help

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Generally always start by loading a stock airport into ADE and immediately saving it as a project file. Thereafter load and save your work via the project file and compile the bgl file when you need to. Never load and save work via the bgl file unless you are planning to work on something where you only have a bgl file (usually a third party addon airport). If you load from a bgl file then do it only the first time. Save it as a project file and thereafter work with that.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
have you installed FSUIPC into FSX:SE?