• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

yeah....erm

Country
us-georgia
So since I have FSXSE there is obviously not a compiler I can use within the Enviroment Kit. So I downloaded LM SDk. But when I use the find the folder option....it cant find it. So I do it manually and the compilers don't even show up in the folder. But when I look for it outside ADE.....its right there.

So I need to figure out why it won't show up when I manually look for it using ADE option feature....thanks

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
If this is for FSX: SE (Steam) then you should be using the P3D SDK v1.4 Only. Is that what you were referring to as the SDK? If not, then remove whatever version of P3D SDK that you have installed and download the P3D SDK v1.4 here. After you have installed the P3D SDK v1.4, you will then have ADE point to the folders within the P3D SDK folder. The Folders Options are set from the Settings tab -> Options -> Folders. You are only placing the folder path not a specific file.

BglComp Folder: ..\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D SDK 1.4.4747.0\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK
Shp2Vec Folder: ..\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D SDK 1.4.4747.0\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK

FS Main Folder: ..\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Scenery.cfg Folder: ..\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

More on what I have said above: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fsx-steam-edition-compiler.442948/

I hope that has corrected your problem.

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
What were you doing prior to the error...

Error 12 in FSUIPC... could be a number of things... more information is needed. Did you restart ADE after making the changes above?

Country
us-georgia
System.Exception: Unknown ID 62 found in airport record
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryObject.Airport.decompileVariableEntries(Byte[] rawData, Int32 localPointer)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryObject.Airport.Decompile(Byte[] rawData)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryObject.Airport..ctor(String objectName, Byte[] rawData, Int32 offset, SceneryBase parent)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.ObjectFactory.New(String newType, String newName, Byte[] rawData, Int32 offset, SceneryBase parent)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.ObjectFactory.New(SceneryObjectType newType, String newName, Byte[] rawData, Int32 offset, SceneryBase parent)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.SceneryFile.processAirport(Int32 pointer)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.SceneryFile.processSelectedSection(SectionPointer currentSection, GeneralSectionHeader currentSubSection, Int32& p2)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.SceneryFile.processGeneralSection(SectionPointer currentSection)
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.SceneryFile.decompileFull()
at ScruffyDuck.Flightsim.Scenery.SceneryFile.SceneryFile.Decompile(DecompileType decompileType)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.postProcessApronEdgeLightProperties(String sourceBglPath)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.CompileProject()
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.MainForm.OnCompileOptionsStatusChanged(Boolean compile, Boolean statusChanged)
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.Helpers.ProjectPropertiesCompileOptions.OnSaveClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
What p3d sdk version do you have installed. Which were installed?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
It's still doing *what*? We need an EXACT, step by step explanation of what you did, what files or airports you loaded (and if an addon, the company name or a link to the scenery if freeware), and when the error occurred.

Country
us-georgia
I put the error msg on here earlier. I went to change a parking code, changed and went to compile. and the message that is on an earlier reply came up

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
A couple of steps are missing...

You changed the parking code on what airport and was this a "default" airport or from a ".bgl" file? Did you save the project before you tried to compile?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
System.Exception: Unknown ID 62 found in airport record means you appear to be trying to decompile a P3Dv4 stock airport or bgl file. It also appears you are not using the latest version of ADE which can handle this error.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom