• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Yves Guillaume's formulas

Country
argentina
I am currently planning on making a modified FDE for the TDS 737-800 and SkySpirit 777-300, using Yves flight dynamics document and formulas, but here's the problem: Some of these ask for Records in the .AIR file which are represented as graphs (i use AirEd 1.52 to open these). For example:

Capture.PNG

It is asking for the R1541 table. Which value should i use in this formula? and if that table is not present in the .AIR file (yes, some planes dont use certain tables), what value should be used instead?

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
1541 is one of a group of records that effectively remove the role of 1101. If you start with an existing air file you can bet it is probably in an old form with a lot of unused or obsolete Records. !541 is not a table as such, but a group of individual pitch derivatives.

Aired is not my tool of choice. AAM is better if you just want to change some values. A big problem though is replacing or modifying tables. What works for me is to use Air Update and do a dump of the air file. This will spell out the tables in a form where you can easily edit them or load them in excel to see what their graph looks like. You can extract a table edit it then update the air file using the update function. That is the quickest and most certain way to deal with tables.

Having updated the file I use AirWiz to see how it affects the airplane performance. In an AirWiz session you can fine tune individual coefficients. For example if you are certain your engine data is correct you can change the drag coefficients and immediately see how that changes top speed. Once I am happy with the changes, I'll make the permanent change in AAM and save it there. AirWiz has a fixed structure that it saves and AAM will do what you want. AirWiz has saved me hours of flight test and is far more accurate at showing results.

Yves document is excellent but I'm not sure what part is can play in developing or testing an air file. The sim applies the formulae and that is what you should study rather than the derivation of the individual derivatives.

Roy