FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

I think I will do FS9 version but it has to come out last. Since the process of making FS9 version is totally different.
Can't wait for the FS9 Version to be out! Will definitely purchase it when its out! But how much is last? 1-2 weeks after initial release?

Keep up the superb work! Much Deserved Tic!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Can't wait for the FS9 Version to be out! Will definitely purchase it when its out! But how much is last? 1-2 weeks after initial release?

Keep up the superb work! Much Deserved Tic!
At least a month, I think. A lot of works need to be done after all other versions have been released.

Last edited:
Yes, and 3 years of part time developing.
I must say that is really really something. When I try to make ZLXY, an aiport in Shaanxi province, northeast of China, I got back to learn how to use 3DS MAX, and it is difficult to learn. Now I got a general process of how to make things done to maken an airport. But the details about the airport is awful. It seems to me that the main thing ends up with how efficiently you can use 3DS MAX and insight into things like buildings, shadows, and even art

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
I must say that is really really something. When I try to make ZLXY, an aiport in Shaanxi province, northeast of China, I got back to learn how to use 3DS MAX, and it is difficult to learn. Now I got a general process of how to make things done to maken an airport. But the details about the airport is awful. It seems to me that the main thing ends up with how efficiently you can use 3DS MAX and insight into things like buildings, shadows, and even art
I think you need to start with a small airport. There is a high learning curve in every tools in developing an airport such as 3dsmax, Photoshop, ADE, SbuilderX. It would take much less time to make a smaller airport before you get bored and tired. Success in a small airport project will get you a small trophy to let you go further. A big one will lead you to the endless work and never ending story. I started with a small private airport near my place 10 years ago. Don't give up, it is a game of patience.

You express exactly what I feel - I made the mistake by trying to redesign simultaneously two big Air Bases - and I fiddle around with details here, problems there. You are right to talk about patience.... And patience pays off in your case :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Were those taxiway signs made with Google SketchUp by any chance?
I have made them in Gmax. I think any 3d programs are the same.
I used to do it with default signs in ADE. I think it is more difficult since you can see only the top view in ADE.

Last edited:
I think I will do FS9 version but it has to come out last. Since the process of making FS9 version is totally different.
Hi Tic, I love your other work and the FS9-version of ZBAA will be a really fantastic christmas present - no matter in wich year... This i a big wish come true. Thank you so much.

Dedl

Hi Tic, I love your other work and the FS9-version of ZBAA will be a really fantastic christmas present - no matter in wich year... This i a big wish come true. Thank you so much.

Dedl
Likewise... +1! I really appreciate if this Scenery is going to be developed for the old FS9.