FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Is that the blinking light which is done just through the texture? If yes, how????
I have used the light texture one-one blend. But the model behind it has to be default opaque. Then I animated the light texture with 18 frames of time. The first frame is on the right side and last frame is on the left side. Then copy position of the first frame to the 2nd-7th frame and copy the position of the last frame to 8th-16th frame. So the light will jump to only position one and two only. It looks like the light just turn on and off alternately on the left and right light bulb.
guardinglight04.jpg
guardinglight03.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Some more pictures. It is hard to find the real airport photos during the night time with good exposure. So, most of them are my fictions that it should be like this. If you have found any mistakes, please feel free to give a comment with some good photos would be really appreciated.
Night5.jpg
Night6.jpg
Night7.jpg
Night8.jpg

I almost done with my project. I have edited the night light texture and the last work is the night light on photoscenery. Then all the objects are done. Only checking some mistakes and bugs. Here are the night light scenes around the airport:
View attachment 46942
@jtanabodee Tic, this project is looking good!
I'm looking forward to its release.

One question for you; do the surrounding trees and the airport ground textures change with the seasons?
That was a notable criticism of the ZBAA scenery created by another developer.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
@jtanabodee Tic, this project is looking good!
I'm looking forward to its release.

One question for you; do the surrounding trees and the airport ground textures change with the seasons?
That was a notable criticism of the ZBAA scenery created by another developer.
Yes, both trees and ground change with season. Ground changes by photoscenery and trees change with SODE.

I have added ground poly with night texture on it. It will give more smooth night lights and good blend with the light texture from light poles. Some place without light poles like in front of those hangars can have lighting on the ground too.
View attachment 47097
View attachment 47098 View attachment 47099 View attachment 47100 View attachment 47101
Looking great! Which method did you use for the runway lights? The SCASM method or it's just the default runway's lights from the afcad?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Looking great! Which method did you use for the runway lights? The SCASM method or it's just the default runway's lights from the afcad?
SCASM method is what I used. I have tried the light texture with the light pole on the runway but the visibility is poor even after editing the mipmap textures. The default lights cannot get through custom made ground poly.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
i hope to hear the runway / taxi / approach lights are activated by SODE conditional visibility ... at night but in low daytime visibility.

it would be a huge step for all to have that.
I have tried that but the visibility of the lights are so poor. I think this method might be good for the small airport, not the airport such this big.