• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

Country
australia
This airport just gets more and more amazing with every day. Thank you so much for all the hard work you are putting in. Looking forward to throwing my money at you
Nathan

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
With the help of Wolkenschreck, I use his information to improve my AFCAD. The parkings were modified and assigned to the specific airways. The airport is getting better.

Busy, long queue in the early morning.
AI_ZBAA.jpg

Terminal 1 and 2 look better.
AI_ZBAA03.jpg

The airplanes park throughout the airport.
AI_zbaa2.jpg

Country
pakistan
With the help of Wolkenschreck, I use his information to improve my AFCAD. The parkings were modified and assigned to the specific airways. The airport is getting better.

Busy, long queue in the early morning.
View attachment 43094
Terminal 1 and 2 look better.
View attachment 43095
The airplanes park throughout the airport.
View attachment 43096
Amazing piece of work that is , would be great if you can share how you do the skid and other ground poly dirt effects .

Country
unitedkingdom
Amazing piece of work that is , would be great if you can share how you do the skid and other ground poly dirt effects .
I was about to say that! It would be amazing if you can share how skid and ground poly tyre or whatever they are called marks are done. for example touchdown area on runway and marks behind taxiway in turns and stuff, thanks !

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
The airport is growing very fast. There are new parkings each time I see the satellite photo. It is a tedious job you need to keep up with those development.
BTW, are there anyone has the photos in this area? Since there are a lot of old airplanes park nearby. I know the type but I don't know the livery of the airplanes.
NewParking.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Ok, I found a video of an aircraft taking off from ZBAA. One of them is Air China 747. I have made only one static model even though there are a few more models parking there. But for the sake of fps, I think it would be enough just one model of Air China 747 placed there 3 times. Since they are static, shadow is disable in the FSX material and put the shadow on the photoscenery instead to save some room for FPS. Aircraft look dirty, I think I can put some dirt more on the wing.
Now it is time to work with taxi way signs and taxiway edge lights and center light. A few more tweaks and all will be done.

StaticAircraft.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have put the overlay satellite photo. The concrete seems to be more yellow than normal. After I put it on in another layer, I think it seems to be closed to the real picture.

The previous one before the new satellite photo overlay. The concrete seem to be grey and look so new.

AI_ZBAA05.jpg

After new satellite photo overlay, the concrete seems to match the real thing more than the previous one, more wear and tear.
ZBAAdetail03.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think every developer hates airport expansion. Users might consider it is easy to do since just adding something new. I don't think so.
Each new parking needs new lines, new concrete, new edges, new labels on the grounds, new satellite photo overlay, new light poles placements, new afcad file, new dirt layer. etc. I have correct 9-10 files. You need to adjust the old thing to match the new one. Moreover, this task has to be finished before making the taxiway edge lights, center lights and signs, or else you will have trouble to correct more files.

I have spent the whole week to work on 4 new aprons. :stirthepo

They have to be new as they are. You can notice that the aprons are slightly brighter than the old ones, just like the way they are in real life.

NewParking2.jpg
NewParking3.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I think every developer hates airport expansion. Users might consider it is easy to do since just adding something new. I don't think so.
Each new parking needs new lines, new concrete, new edges, new labels on the grounds, new satellite photo overlay, new light poles placements, new afcad file, new dirt layer. etc. I have correct 9-10 files. You need to adjust the old thing to match the new one. Moreover, this task has to be finished before making the taxiway edge lights, center lights and signs, or else you will have trouble to correct more files.

I have spent the whole week to work on 4 new aprons. :stirthepo

They have to be new as they are. You can notice that the aprons are slightly brighter than the old ones, just like the way they are in real life.

View attachment 43644View attachment 43645
Looks Great TIC!

Fantastic work! Can wait for the release also!!!

Best of luck with the finishing touches!