• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

Country
unitedstates
I think I will do FS9 version but it has to come out last. Since the process of making FS9 version is totally different.
Can't wait for the FS9 Version to be out! Will definitely purchase it when its out! But how much is last? 1-2 weeks after initial release?

Keep up the superb work! Much Deserved Tic!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Can't wait for the FS9 Version to be out! Will definitely purchase it when its out! But how much is last? 1-2 weeks after initial release?

Keep up the superb work! Much Deserved Tic!
At least a month, I think. A lot of works need to be done after all other versions have been released.

Last edited:
Country
china
Yes, and 3 years of part time developing.
I must say that is really really something. When I try to make ZLXY, an aiport in Shaanxi province, northeast of China, I got back to learn how to use 3DS MAX, and it is difficult to learn. Now I got a general process of how to make things done to maken an airport. But the details about the airport is awful. It seems to me that the main thing ends up with how efficiently you can use 3DS MAX and insight into things like buildings, shadows, and even art

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I must say that is really really something. When I try to make ZLXY, an aiport in Shaanxi province, northeast of China, I got back to learn how to use 3DS MAX, and it is difficult to learn. Now I got a general process of how to make things done to maken an airport. But the details about the airport is awful. It seems to me that the main thing ends up with how efficiently you can use 3DS MAX and insight into things like buildings, shadows, and even art
I think you need to start with a small airport. There is a high learning curve in every tools in developing an airport such as 3dsmax, Photoshop, ADE, SbuilderX. It would take much less time to make a smaller airport before you get bored and tired. Success in a small airport project will get you a small trophy to let you go further. A big one will lead you to the endless work and never ending story. I started with a small private airport near my place 10 years ago. Don't give up, it is a game of patience.

Country
germany
You express exactly what I feel - I made the mistake by trying to redesign simultaneously two big Air Bases - and I fiddle around with details here, problems there. You are right to talk about patience.... And patience pays off in your case :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have heard this for a long time: "One apple a day keeps you away from doctor"
I think for developers: "One thousand taxiway signs a day will drive you all the way to a doctor"
No, I am still alive. I don't need doctors....ha ha ha.

Taxisigns.jpg
Taxisigns2.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Were those taxiway signs made with Google SketchUp by any chance?
I have made them in Gmax. I think any 3d programs are the same.
I used to do it with default signs in ADE. I think it is more difficult since you can see only the top view in ADE.

Last edited:
Country
germany
I think I will do FS9 version but it has to come out last. Since the process of making FS9 version is totally different.

Hi Tic, I love your other work and the FS9-version of ZBAA will be a really fantastic christmas present - no matter in wich year... This i a big wish come true. Thank you so much.

Dedl

Country
switzerland
Hi Tic, I love your other work and the FS9-version of ZBAA will be a really fantastic christmas present - no matter in wich year... This i a big wish come true. Thank you so much.

Dedl
Likewise... +1! I really appreciate if this Scenery is going to be developed for the old FS9.