• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Tic, just bought the FS9 version of your ZBAA scenery. Outstanding work done to a very high standard indeed. Even with my bloated AI the performance of the airport is excellent. Outstanding night lighting. A very impressive scenery.

One small issue to report. The night texture for your static 744 is misnamed so the model shows up without textures in the sim.

Thanks again for doing a FS9 version.

Greg
I might mistype the name of the texture. I will take a look on that issue.

Country
us-michigan
This should be the correct file name.. you just have an extra space.
AirChina 747_400_lm.bmp

One other very small thing is after running DxtFixerX I had these textures with no alpha channel (known to create stutters). DxtFixerX fixed them all.

FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\AirChina 747_400.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\AirChina 747_400_lm.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\Asphalt_ZBAA.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\B02.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\B02_FA.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\B02_LM.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\B02_WI.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\C02.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\C02_FA.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\C02_LM.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\C02_WI.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\ConcreteZBAA.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\D02.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\D02_FA.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\D02_lm.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\D02_WI.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\E02.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\E02_FA.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\E02_lm.bmp
FIXED: D:\Flight Simulator 2004\Addon Scenery\Bejing ZBAA\ZBAA_FS9_AA\Texture\E02_WI.bmp

Amazing scenery!! No issue for me with FPS (locked at 50) with 100% AI. Great thanks as well for the FS9 version!! Still exploring :)

Well done Tic

Greg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Those textures are ground poly and they have no alpha since there is no alpha required. No hole to see default landclass below.
Anyway, I will test on this issue since I notice that ground poly take a time when you are near. Is that the "stutter" you mean?. It become white just a fraction of second then it goes on. A few dot on alpha channel does nothing to the appearance. Thanks for the information.
I am glad you like it.

Last edited:
Country
us-michigan
Alpha-less DTX BMP's are known to cause some stutters when loading and can for some users a FPS loss. This is known for FS9 but not sure about the newer platforms. This is applicable to scenery and aircraft textures the same so it is just a tool I have got into the habit of using. I am having NO loading issues or issues while panning here Tic.

Greg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Alpha-less DTX BMP's are known to cause some stutters when loading and can for some users a FPS loss.

Greg
Today I have tried to make alpha channel to those textures that missing. It does not change much. Ground poly seems to load up faster a bit, just my feeling, but not so significant.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Making texture of those buildings is not an easy task. One building a day keep you away from Alzheimer. May be?
I have put a new CubeMap to the material. I think it is quite good to see reflection of those glass buildings when flying.

BeijingCity09.jpg

Country
germany
Dear Tic,

I 'd like to thank you so very much for developing ZBAA Beijing also for us FS9ers. It is a great pleasure after all these years of waiting, having such an amazing scenery of one of the world's biggest airports in my sim in such a high quality. It is really impressing how smooth your scenery is running on my years old computer with lot's of AI on at 100%. Your work is worth every single cent and I will spend a lot of time from now on in this virtuell place of delight.

Thank you for this - you made me really happy. :):):)
Best regards :wave:
Dedl

fsscr934.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have 12 years old computer runing on WinXP. My job is getting scenery run on my computer. If I can fly, everyone can fly. FPS is my first priority. Yes, you can see other sceneries with a lot more eye candies, people on the aprons, seats in the terminal and people walk around. I bought one of those and I had a Powerpoint-slide-show of my flying. I wanted to fly, not to see. I think it is better to balance the detail and fps. I do as much detail as a pilot can see but not the passenger can see.
I am glad you are happy, Dedl.

Country
germany
I have 12 years old computer runing on WinXP. My job is getting scenery run on my computer. If I can fly, everyone can fly...

Tic, in my opinion, you simply have found the perfect way in compromising between fps and high quality. With that spirit - I promise - I will buy every FS9 scenery you will develope from now on... I am still very amazed about your outstanding work.

Dedl

Country
germany
Hello Tic,

A user in a german forum recently dicovered, that when your ZBAA scenery is active in FS2004, a lamppost appeares at KSEA.

Any idea, how to remove that lamp?

no4woktz.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Oh I forgot about that. I did an update already but I forgot to upload to Simmarket. I have uploaded to the Simmarket. It should be available within 24 hrs.

Last edited: