• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Samui International Airport

I have some fun things to share.
Normally the waterlily will close their beautiful petal inside until morning.
Flight sim engine will combine the night texture and day texture during dawn and dusk. So I try something, may not new and too detail for someone. But it is fun and not complicated.

04.00 am. Some waterlily still blossom, I have to correct that later.
vtsmnight.jpg

Dawn, the waterlily are changing their color.
vtsmdawn.jpg

Good morning guys, waterlily show their petal. Fully blossom.
vtsmmorning.jpg

Hey Jtana, want to hear my point of view ? Not beeing harsh, you should be already starting a new airport to fill up south Asia of airports, instead of
playing with flowers. :p You'r a poet ! its great but i am so eager to fly in.
mercy ! i cant wait anymore ! ;)

Dom

It is fun, that's all.

Working on a new project and leave some aspect that I'd like to try behind would be a shame.

Overall project during daytime. Frame rate is from my oldest computer, Athlon 1.2Gh, ram 1G, ATI Radeon 9550 at 1024 x 768.

vtsmday.jpg

Lovely night in Samui International Airport.

vtsmnight01.jpg

Closed up look. Light from ground poly make the lamps look realistic.
vtsmnight02.jpg

Clock tower and arrival area.
vtsmnight03.jpg

Ramps and overall lighting. Notice on the garden, light on ground poly make lamps look real.
vtsmnight04.jpg

Amazing work, Jtana.

Incredible.

Did you find a good quality photoreal image of the island ?

When do you plan to release it on webshops ?

Mason

That looks completely awesome jtana, I love the water lilly trick :) . The vehicles look great, I burnt myself out on the first one and I haven't done a lot with my scenery since. I wish I had your tenacity. Great job my friend :) .

Jim

Thanks for your comment, JRobinson. My real work work is boring. I need to wait in front of computer until next customer comes. Then next one will come in 10-15 mins and then it goes on like forever. So, my work is just to eliminate those waiting time of myself.

It's fun too.
Ha, ha......

Lol jtana ! :p

Go on making amazing sceneries like this one and you might have the
opportunity to get a new passionnate job !

Mason

Slowly progressing. Lot of works to do in real life.
Here is the latest shot of Big Budda on the way of approaching to runway 17. Need to do that and it is difficult to make big budda statue. Just not familiar with human figure.

VTSM_bigbudda.jpg

Closer look on the detail.
VTSM_bigbudda02.jpg

Approaching in FS9:

VTSM_bigbudda03.jpg

The real picture of approching from A319:
DSC_9961.jpg

Last edited:
Never get tried of this. I tried to use more satellite photo. It looks more real and camouflage the height of the mesh caused by the elevation of the airport nearby the sea.
bigbuddagp.jpg

I forget these pictures:
Wat Hau Jug.
The temple is so closed to the airport and it is the site that you can watch airplanes come and go.
watbd.jpg

The pier which the ship goes to another island around.
bigbudda03.jpg

thjawdrop.gif
Amazing!
Hard to believe my eyes.
I'm happy there are still artists who care to create such scenery masterpieces.

Back