• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE '1.70' Release Candidate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The current beta seems stable and there are few reported issues. I have therefore moved it up to Release Candidate 1. This does contain several bugs fixes but otherwise is basically the beta.

If you have the beta then you can update it with the files in this zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wdkfffzeuwqbdu9/ade_169_5930_rc1_patch.zip DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE THE CURRENT PRODUCTION VERSION WITH THIS FILE - IT WILL NOT WORK. INSTALL THE FULL VERSION FROM THE LINK BELOW

If you want to try the new version for the first time or create a clean install then you can download full zip here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fl5fut2e7l5dki9/ade_169_5930_rc1_full.zip

Attachments

• df_notes_draft.pdf
    94.2 KB · Views: 497
  • fpa_draft_doc.pdf
    270.4 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Hi Jon:

Are the Release notes for ADE '1.70' Release Candidate 1 also to be found in the on-line help system as previously suggested here ? :

"Release notes for versions later than 1.60.5132 are in the on-line help system"

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/airport-design-editor-release-notes-change-log.428825/

Are the Release notes for ADE '1.70' Release Candidate 1 also available for direct browsing ...without yet having installed that version ? :scratchch

PS: Thanks for all your ongoing work with ADE ...it just keeps getting better and better over time ! :)

GaryGB

Hi Jon,
I am using FSX and I am content.
Will it be necessary in the future to get ADE 1.70 ?

Not if you do not want to. However it contains new features for all the supported versions of FS including FS9 and FSX.

Please note also that we generally only provide support for the latest version.

Hi Jon:

Are the Release notes for ADE '1.70' Release Candidate 1 also to be found in the on-line help system as previously suggested here ? :

"Release notes for versions later than 1.60.5132 are in the on-line help system"

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/airport-design-editor-release-notes-change-log.428825/

Are the Release notes for ADE '1.70' Release Candidate 1 also available for direct browsing ...without yet having installed that version ? :scratchch

PS: Thanks for all your ongoing work with ADE ...it just keeps getting better and better over time ! :)

GaryGB

There are no release notes Gary other than those in the relevant beta posts. A Release Candidate is just a late beta and not a production version. We will post release notes when we get to the production version. There are separate notes on one of the beta releases for the new features of Detailed Footprints and the File Priority Analyzer. For convenience if you have not been following the betas I will attach these notes again to this thread

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I am still interested in new features but only if I can use it in FSX;).
BTW have I to exstall before ADE 1.65? I ask this because if I try to load a ad4 file (from the explorer) it opens my old ADE 1.55!

We try to support all versions of FS from FS9 onwards.

No you don't need to un-install any existing version. Due to some changes in a third party component in ADE we are no longer able to support double clicking a file in Explorer. 1.55 is the last version that allows that so I guess that is why it opened!

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-1-70-release-candidate-1.436904/#post-739574

There are no release notes Gary other than those in the relevant beta posts. A Release Candidate is just a late beta and not a production version. We will post release notes when we get to the production version. There are separate notes on one of the beta releases for the new features of Detailed Footprints and the File Priority Analyzer. For convenience if you have not been following the betas I will attach these notes again to this thread

Thank you for that very kind consideration; but perhaps a just few links to the pertinent threads might otherwise lighten your work-load ? :)

FYI: Many of us just want to see a simple 'at-a-glance' list of changes / fixes and/or new features to assist the prospective end user with deciding for / against installation of the latest available RC or Beta etc. (...and perhaps even less detailed than ex: what Arno posts here): ;)

http://scenerydesign.org/mantis/plugin.php?page=Source/list&id=1

GaryGB

Last edited:
Ahem - actually if folks did not install a beta then I would get no testing done so in fact I don't want people deciding for or against installing it before they have tried it - if you see what I mean. I agree that is a perfectly valid approach for production code and we do that of course when we go to production for a new version.

I could provide the same thing as Arno from my Source Control System

upload_2016-3-28_17-39-16.png

Jon,
is it possible to have the Generic Buildings return to the the last selected like the Library Object folder does,
i have over 700 buildings and to keep scrolling down the list is a pain if i need to select the one after the one I've just added
this worked in the earlier versions but went missing in v1.67

Ray

Can you explain that a bit more please? do you mean in the list when adding a GNB?

Jon

So far all the scenery objects I have looked at show a proper Detailed Footprint. I also added some issues to the scenery and the File Priority Analyzer found them with no problems.

Jon

So far all the scenery objects I have looked at show a proper Detailed Footprint. I also added some issues to the scenery and the File Priority Analyzer found them with no problems.

Thanks Jim :)

I have worked on over 20 bases with the last beta and without any issue, Jon

Ray
Can you explain that a bit more please? do you mean in the list when adding a GNB?
Yes Jon, when i right click/Add/Generic Building i select one from say halfway down the list and i add it,
i then need to add the next building from the same list, the building after the one I've just added,
i open the list again and it starts from the top every time
Adding a Library Object from its list always starts from the last one added

Jon, how about a GP image renderer, so you can preview how GP stack ups would look like in FS? (without having to run FS).
I know its a long shot....but it would be a very powerful feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back