• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

So the question is, what is it exactly? And more importantly could I add it as an airline specific part? :p

Satellite communication antenna.

the only disadvantage would be that 3rd party repainters can't get their version with the object visible.

Of course they can, if it's controlled by the aircraft.cfg.

Now I'm going to stir the pot. I can see where CEOs of Delta, Lufthansa, BOAC etc. would be excited about tube liners and modelers as well because of their lines and the modelling challenge but for the life of me I don't understand their attraction in FS. Modern airliners have to be the most boring aircraft to fly in the SIM. Sure there is some excitement on takeoff and landing but the rest of the time..... Goodnight Irene!

Rebuttal?

Heyyy, the "piston powered rustcruiser" crowd is here! :D

I like to see the "distance to" counter move towards zero within an acceptable timeframe and making it feel like I actually went somewhere. That's why I fly jetliners.

Not so much a rebuttal, more a realisation of the sim's limits. I recently read a delightful book titled "Skyfaring" by Mark Vanhoenacker which describes, compellingly, the appeal of flying tubes across the globe. Part of the appeal is what is seen from the cockpit and to be blunt, FS doesn't render the world outside in enough fidelity to reproduce what Vanhoenacker describes. Flying these aircraft can also be a technically absorbing business what with navigational and fuel-consumption considerations which are all part of a proper commercial pilot's trade. The problem is, flights last hours; and hours; and yet more hours.

Like Paul, I find that paint is taking a long time to dry...

From the top of climb till the top of descent, I usually do something else like cleaning, cooking or reading as I don't have to worry about a technical malfunctions, going off course or hazardous weather. I check the fuel level every once in a while or look out of the window and go "Hey, there's [geological feature]! How cool is that?"
But other than that, flying jetliners is no less boring than flying small aircraft without much of a flightplan.

Remember I said modern airliners, the classic propliners are another thing all together. You can't beat the sound of those huge Pratt & Whitney radial engines and they were so hands-on systems. The propliners couldn't fly over weather and that adds another dimension of excitement.
As far as GA aircraft are concerned you can't find to many things as exciting and challenging as bush flying in Alaska.

Remember I said modern airliners, the classic propliners are another thing all together. You can't beat the sound of those huge Pratt & Whitney radial engines and they were so hands-on systems.

That sound is just uncomparable to anything else. It's amazing!

.As far as GA aircraft are concerned you can't find to many things as exciting and challenging as bush flying in Alaska.

Ahhh... I can only image :)

Well someone has to enjoy flying tubes or Another sim site would go out of business! lol

Haha yes that's true :D

some more screenshots:

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

Tell me what you guys think :)

thanks, F747fly

Last edited:
Amazing model overall. :cool:

The only thing is the shading at the engine holding assembly. It looks like the smoothing/sharpening has to be redone.

Keep up the good work!!

Ohhhh c'est magnifique *-* :O

Merci Marc!

Amazing model overall. :cool:

The only thing is the shading at the engine holding assembly. It looks like the smoothing/sharpening has to be redone.

Keep up the good work!!

Thank you Dave! The Engine Suspension (Pylon) is a rather tricky one on which I had to use some manual edge split. You see on the real thing (link) it seems to have some sharp edges.... But you're right another look at it is required ;)

Last edited:
I like it, some real texture mapping will make this look epic!

Really curious to see your way with the gauge working :D

Don't just dream, give it a try but be forewarned it can be very addictive.

That seems to be very hard ! And it's very hard to find tutorial, which explain slowly and progressively all step.....I dream to create a VC, but I don't found clear explanation for beginners :(

That seems to be very hard ! And it's very hard to find tutorial, which explain slowly and progressively all step.....I dream to create a VC, but I don't found clear explanation for beginners :(

Well you always try right? What modelling software would you use? Personally I can recommend Blender :p It's free and highly powerfull. I think that for the basic modelling there're a whole lot of tutorial, perhaps even some in French. And for the FSX specific parts we've got a good Blender community here ;)

There are a lot of very good tutorials that start with the basics for Max or Blender on YouTube.

Nothing exciting to show, been messing around with blender a bit with the video purposes of blender in mind... I really like blender since it has such a great usage :)

Anyway the only thing added is the antenna....

106.jpg

Well you always try right? What modelling software would you use? Personally I can recommend Blender :p It's free and highly powerfull. I think that for the basic modelling there're a whole lot of tutorial, perhaps even some in French. And for the FSX specific parts we've got a good Blender community here ;)

Today, I don't use any 3D software, because when I try it (GMAX), I understand nothing ! :banghead:

But I will try Blender if you think that it is more easy than Gmax. Is Blender can export to FSX model format ? If you have links to blender tutorial, designed for FSX, it will be great.

Thanks

Francois

Back