• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight for MS Flight

Hi folks,
I thought you might like to see a couple of screenshots of my next FSX aircraft conversion - the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight. The conversion is almost complete - I just need to create the sounds for the aircraft with FMOD. Once that is done, I plan to release it here as a Beta .FlightAddon so that you can try it out.:)

[Updated 02/23/2017] I've removed the screenshots, as the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight has now been "released to web" (RTW) and is now available directly from within the Flight Toolkit Addon Manager!

Regards, FS Tester

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-23_12-39-10.png
    upload_2016-11-23_12-39-10.png
    588.3 KB · Views: 1,681
  • upload_2016-11-23_12-39-40.png
    upload_2016-11-23_12-39-40.png
    601.8 KB · Views: 2,022
Last edited:
That's great news, I can only send you my humble thanks and admire your skill.

-eelis-

Hi folks,
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight for Microsoft Flight (Beta v1) addon. This is a free download. The aircraft is a conversion of the default Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight

This addon consists of:
  • Interior and exterior models of the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight aircraft.
  • Four liveries (textures) that have been converted from FSX (White, Yellow, Red & Safari).
Dependencies:
  • In order to install this addon, you must have previously installed the latest Flight Toolkit, available from http://flighttoolkit.com. At the time of this Beta1 release (December 2016), it is version 1.1.28.
    This application is required in order to allow Microsoft Flight to recognize and run 3rd-party addons.
Aircraft Installation:
Download location:
  • Updated 02/23/2017: Beta v1 is no longer available, as it has been superseded by RTW, which is now available directly from within the Flight Toolkit Addon Manager!

Regards,
FS-Tester

Last edited:
Hi, cannot install, gives error: Failed to install addon. Licence was not accepted.

Update!
Sorry, my bad, just forgot to press accept button...what's wrong with me... :banghead:

Update 2!
Was installing this to my laptop and the read me file window was bigger than my screen, so missed the accept/decline buttons, noticed this when installing to my desktop pc, still feel shamed though...

-eelis-

Last edited:
It's working perfectly for me. My Hangar is looking much better now. I do have some other planes in alpha stage (12 more) but none have any sound. One of them even have working gauges (Aeronca C3 Master). But when I can add A fully working aircraft to my hangar then I Know there's still Flight for years to come. Thanks for your efforts. :)

Oscar

Was installing this to my laptop and the read me file window was bigger than my screen, so missed the accept/decline buttons

I'll see if I can make the window smaller, or limit it to the desktop resolution

Thank's but that is really no problem, I can always resize the window, I was just so exited of the new plane, that missed the button.

-eelis-

Thanks, Stonelance.

Oscar, eelis - Hope you enjoy flying it! If you find bugs, please post them on this thread.

Oscar - FYI, if you don't want to create your own sounds for your aircraft with FMOD, you can always reference the sounds of one of the default Flight aircraft by referencing it within the .livery file of your aircraft. Not perfect, but better than just silence! I do this when 1st converting an aircraft until I create the new FMOD sound package for the aircraft.

In case you (or others) don't know how to do this:

If you open a .livery file (created when you used Addon Builder to convert your FSX aircraft), the first section looks something like this:

<Livery.Livery>
<Title>Name of your aircraft</Title> [ FYI, this is pulled from the FSX aircraft's aircraft.cfg file]
<ControlVariationID>{45AAD43A-A9BC-40E0-96BA-A3E3577BBE53}</ControlVariationID>

<UI>

You can add a <SoundID> line that references the Sound.spb.meta file of the default or addon aircraft that you want to link to. For example, this would add the sounds for the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight:

<Livery.Livery>
<Title>Aircreation 582SL White</Title>
<ControlVariationID>{45AAD43A-A9BC-40E0-96BA-A3E3577BBE53}</ControlVariationID>
<SoundID>{E4E6EEC4-A9EF-49cc-A4D8-5CA3761D9E35}</SoundID>

<UI>

You'll need to change the GUID above to that of one of the default aircraft. I don't have their GUIDs at hand, but you can find them if you open up pak file containing the aircraft & look for the GUID in its Sound.spb.meta file. If my memory is correct, you don't actually need to de-compile the spb file to XML either - you can read off the GUID just by opening the file in Notepad.

regards,
FS-Tester

Wow!!! These instructions are simple enough even for me. thanks so much. I'm going to try them as soon as I can. The Ultralight do have a little problem with sound. Sometimes it go out then comes back. Nothing serious. Thanks for your continuous work.

best regards,
Oscar

Hi Oscar. With regard to the Ultralight sound problem you are experiencing:

If you could give some examples of when the sound "goes out then comes back" such as which view you were in at the time [e.g.: cockpit view (F9), exterior views (F11, F10 etc.)], or what you were doing at the time, that would help me a lot in trying to identify & correct the problem.

Thanks for testing the aircraft for me! I'm glad you are trying it out.
regards,
FS-Tester

Hi FS-Tester.
I'm been using a stopwatch and I found that this little "pause" in engine sound is every 4.8 seconds. It can be heard in any view but louder in cockpit view. As I said before, nothing serious. Now, the good news. Of the 12 soundless alpha aircraft conversions I had... now 8 of them have sounds!!!! Amazing. :) I'm using the sounds of default planes. I found them making a paint scheme of every default plane and opening the .livery file (inside the Livery folder) using WordPad. There's a line that start with <SoundID>and end with </SoundID>, in the middle have this wonderful number. My planes now some sounds like the Stearman, some like the RV-6, etc. I added also <ChecklistID> so I can use the Q key with my plane and modified the <CategoryFlags> so it matches my plane real category. I'll be working in the rest of them but so far I'm very happy with the results. ;) Thanks so much for your help.

Oscar

Last edited:
Hi Oscar. Glad that you've now got sounds in your aircraft. W.r.t. the "pause" in Aircreation engine sound - Thanks for this info. It may be because the engines sounds are short sounds that loop back to the start at the end of the file. I"ll check to see if the sounds have a small silent section at the start or end of the sound file.

regards,
FS-Tester

Hi folks,
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight for Microsoft Flight Beta v2 addon. This is a free download. The aircraft is a conversion of the default Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight.

Changes from Beta v1:
  • The sounds have been modified to remove the stuttering reported by Oscar Martinez.
  • Five new liveries have been added: Black, Green, Orange, Purple and Rainbow.
Dependencies:
In order to install this addon, you must have previously installed the latest released Flight Toolkit, available from http://flighttoolkit.com. At the time of this Beta v2 release (January 2017), it is version 1.1.28.
This application is required in order to allow Microsoft Flight to recognize and run 3rd-party addons.

Note to Flight Toolkit Testers: this addon should also be installable if you have upgraded your Flight Toolkit to versions 1.1.29, 1.1.30 and 1.1.31. I have upgraded from Beta v1 to Beta v2 using the Flight Toolkit build v1.1.31 without a problem. If the installation fails, please let me and Stonelance know.

Aircraft Installation:
If you have not installed a Flight Toolkit addon before, please see the following webpage for instructions on how to do so: http://flighttoolkit.com/?page_id=24

Download location:
Updated 02/23/2017: Beta v2 is no longer available, as it has been superseded by RTW, which is now available directly from within the Flight Toolkit Addon Manager!

Regards,
FS-Tester

Last edited:
Hi FS-Tester,
It works perfectly. Even my other alpha planes that were using the ultralight sounds are fixed now. The new liveries are beautiful. THANKS :wave:.

Hello everybody, I am relatively new here but not new to flight simulation! Largely I fly X-Plane 10; however, I was an avid beta tester for MS Flight and I still have a 'soft spot' for this simulator. Not merely because it ended with unfulfiled potential, but because I genuinely enjoyed Flight; I think that it gave me the best VFR experience ever, and I have been a flight simmer since FS95.

So even though Flight still lacks traffic and some other features (e.g., autopilot features, jets (naturally!) and other abilities to tweak things, like sceneries), I still really enjoy it and I am pleased to see that users are still creating and improving addon content. I am really eager to learn what other aircraft will be converted - or perhaps even created!

I'd like to see even basic scenery modifications possible (such as object placement, although the FSX converter is great), and a way to create new challenges (or even missions) for Flight. But I know that there are limitations, so this is wishful thinking/hope, not a demand.

I thank Stonelance and all others (creators and end-users alike) for all of their hard work and persistence frankly - Flight still makes me nostalgic but ultimately I think that it is still a solid sim, despite being 32-bit. (Imagine if it were/had been/could be 64-bit.)

I'll try this ultralight some time soon. Thank you to you all!

Hi Folks.
FYI, the Aircreation 582SL has been upgraded to RTW, and is now available directly from within the Flight Toolkit Addon Manager. There should be no need to manually uninstall Beta v2 - upgrading to RTW will uninstall Beta v2 for you. As no bugs were reported with Beta v2, RTW has no changes other than changing the version number and name.

Regards,
FS-Tester

Hi Folks,
Based on some feedback from BergSpreu69 and AlejFis about a "standing" Flight pilot that is visible in other users Aircreation aircraft when flying in Multiplayer Mode, I've created a test .FlightAddon file that includes a couple of models that might fix the problem. If you are interested in testing the Aircreation with some of your friends in Multiplayer Mode, feel free to download the .FlightAddon from here:

Edited March 30 2017: Please see the thread below for the link to the version 2 test .FSAddon file

The aircraft is basically the same as my Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) RTW version, but with the inclusion of a Microsoft Flight pilot, so unless you wish to help test the aircraft in Multiplayer Mode with other users, there is no need to install this aircraft.

This addon will not delete, overwrite or otherwise modify my Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) RTW addon. Instead, it will add an additional aircraft named "Aircreation PILOT TEST" to your hanger.

Please carefully read the readme that displays when you install the .FlightAddon. It includes special installation instructions (highlighted in Yellow) that if not followed, will cause this test .FlightAddon not to display in your Flight hanger, and generate the following error messages in the ContentErrors.log file:

(0.000000, 0.000000): Asset id {456FCFCB-71C3-4E5C-8BAB-0123D94569B3} in Aircreation_582SL\SimObjects\Airplanes\Trike Ultralight\model\Aircreation_582SL_Exterior.model is already defined in Aircreation_582SL\SimObjects\Airplanes\Trike Ultralight\model\AirCreation_582SL_Exterior-Flight_Pilot_Only.model
(0.000000, 0.000000): Failed to process meta file Aircreation_582SL\SimObjects\Airplanes\Trike Ultralight\model\Aircreation_582SL_Exterior.model.meta: hr = 0x80004005

BergSpreu69 and AlejFis: if you have some free time, could you and your multiplayer friends install this addon and try it out in Multiplayer Mode? Post the results of your testing (with pictures if you see problems) to this thread. Thanks!

regards,
FS Tester.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
The following link is to version 2 of my "Aircreation PILOT TEST" .FlightAddon:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnlX-fSOb3OagXtJisNUtKMTbysu

This test addon consists of:
  • Interior and exterior models of the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight aircraft with nine liveries:
  1. The four original FSX liveries (White, Yellow, Red and Safari) that includes just a FSX pilot in the pilot seat.
    This model is to test if a single FSX pilot displays in both your aircraft and your multiplayer friends aircraft that you see when flying in Multiplayer Mode.
    I think I have found a solution that allows a FSX pilot to be displayed without requiring a Flight pilot as well. These four liveries test this functionality.

2. The five new Flight liveries (Black, Green, Orange Purple and Rainbow) that includes just a Flight pilot in the pilot seat.
    This model is to test if a single Flight pilot displays in both your aircraft and your multiplayer friends aircraft that you see when flying in Multiplayer Mode. Based on feedback from the version 1 test, this should be the case. In this version, the pose (position) of the Flight pilot is slightly better than in the v1 test addon, but as you will see when you fly the aircraft, the hand positions are still wrong. Unfortunately, without access to the original MAX model, I cannot change the pose to get the hands onto the control bar of the aircraft, so this is the best that I can do at this time.
  • New for the v2 test: A fix for a FSX texture bug that was displaying a set of different panel gauges in the exterior view to that seen in the interior view.
  • Also new for the v2 test: The addition of a mouse-enabled radio (COM1) and barometric pressure setting (Kohlsman) knob. The checklist sections that allowed users to change the Com1 radio frequency and barometric pressure setting have therefore been removed.
Special installation note for testers:
  • The previous v1 test addon might have overwritten my Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) RTW .FlightAddon. If that has happened, just delete the addon, then download it again from within Flight Addon Manager.
  • If you have installed my previous "Aircreation PILOT TEST" v1 addon, please delete it before installing this .FlightAddon.
As a test aircraft, this addon is not designed to be a permanent addition to your Flight hanger. After testing, please uninstall this addon. Uninstalling this addon will not uninstall my original Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) RTW addon. I will be releasing a v1.1 version of my Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) RTW .FlightAddon once any bugs found in testing have been fixed.

>>>> To avoid seeing two Aircreation 582SL aircraft in your hanger in Flight, and to avoid conflicts between the two aircraft, you must uncheck (NOT uninstall) the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) version while testing this addon. In other words, in the Flight Addon Manager application, within the "Installed:" pane, only one of the Aircreation 582SL aircraft should be checked at any one time: either the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) or the Aircreation PILOT TEST, but not both.

Feedback
I would like your opinions on which pilot variation you prefer to see when I update the Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight (Deluxe) RTW addon to v1.1:
  • The one with the FSX pilot, or
  • The one with the Flight pilot, or
  • You would like to see both pilots, as provided in this test addon
Please report your experience with this aircraft in Multiplayer Mode and pilot preference in this thread. If you see visual anomalies, please take a screenshot and include it in your post.

Thanks!
regards,
FS Tester

I'd like to see even basic scenery modifications possible (such as object placement, although the FSX converter is great), and a way to create new challenges (or even missions) for Flight. But I know that there are limitations, so this is wishful thinking/hope, not a demand.

This is already possible using the toolkit. Look at the command line SceneryCompiler tool (although I haven't used it in a while so something might be broken). There is a xsd that describes the format of the xml for placements, but it looks like it isn't included in the installer. I'll add it for the next update. The format should be pretty similar to FSX, and you could use the 2bgl option to convert an FSX bgl to an xml so you can see the format. I think it also works for converting airport xml into an airport bgl for Flight.

Creating new scenery is a little more difficult as you need to create an FSX model first and then convert it to Flight, but that should also work.

Back