• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Arlanda, Stockholm

Country
sweden
Just wanted to announce that the work of Arlanda has begun for P3Dv2, FSX, and yes, fs2004.
We are a team of two professional texture and 3d artists, although a little lacking in fs-development.
I've been involved in minor projects before but this will be the first major one.

We have in collaboration with Arlanda airport received high-res aerial photos and have a bank of well documented airside photos. We also collaborate with a few people working airside on Arlanda to provide us with additional photos.

So mainly I wanted to announce this project so we are not a couple of publishers making the same airport (there are airports enough for all of us ;) ), but also to invite any 3d-artists out there that care to join. It's a big, but mostly complex airport and we would love some help.

Write me if thats the case.

It will be freeware by the way, with an estimated release in the end of this year.

I'll just add a picture of the ground work,

Regards,
Marcus

arlanda.jpg

As the Aerosoft scenery is rather outdated I appreciate your project very very much. That it'll be freeware is the cherry on the cake. Good luck!!!

Just an update. We have modeled two terminals, now working on parts of terminal 5 now (as seen in picture). Everything goes according to plan :)
Hope those of you waiting for a new Arlanda is happy!

Attachments

• t5_f_texturering_preview2.jpg
    t5_f_texturering_preview2.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 1,382
We are proceeding. In the next days the whole terminal area will be done modeling and we move on to secondary areas and continue texturing. We will set up or own blog for screens and updates so we might be quite a while from now on before fixing that. Take care and hope a few out there appriciete all hours put into this freeware project.

Astonishing texture & modeling work, I really like it!

You should turn this project into a full high-end payware product. The almost ancient Mega Airport Stockholm is in desperate need of replacement. You could contact Aerosoft and come to an agreement (publishing, aerial-photography licencing, support, etc). The team (A-Flight) behind the excellent Mega Airport Helsinki project had a similar professional background as you guys and he delivered an extraordinary good product in the end. I would love Arlanda getting the same treatment. Anyway, it's probably none of my business :)

Will it feature a full 'hard winter' scenery and AES support?

What programs are you using for modelling? 3dsmax, blender or anything else. BTW looks great!

thanks guys! to hear that people are looking forward to this makes it worth all the work.

regarding aerosoft we have been talking and we will be assisted in some important ways. however the aerial photos are licensed to arlanda and were kindly given to us for this project and the person responsible for PR took us around the airport for some hours to get us the footage needed. this was a few years ago though, the project ended up on hold for some different reasons and nowadays we have guys working airside that gives us the images needed. so there is a lot of people that has been assisting the project for free and our deal with arlanda was to keep it freeware so that's the boundaries of the project right now. might change with time and if we engage in another project that will probably be payware if its the same size. i haven't talked to aerosoft regarding AES but i will do what i can do to make that happen and wish ofcourse that our collaboration with aerosoft will help us with that.
the scenery will ofcourse have an intense winter season, how it will be is yet to see. i love what they did with helsinki, let's see what we can do.

and regarding programs i work with 3ds max, but the other guys use maya. we are sending stuff cross the platforms, workes quite good (same publisher these days as well).

Thanks for the elaboration on this matter, I appreciate it. It makes perfect sense to do it this way.

Good luck with the development. You can always count on the community, both the developers side and the user side of it. :)

hello! we are setting up a new website and thought it made sense to just lay low for a while. it's progressing, expect more previews september.

Back