• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blade Slap Sound for Helicopter

Country
switzerland
Hi there,

i'm currently working for a soundupdate. The dodosim Bell206 has a typical BladeSlap Sound into their modell. Is there any tutorial, how to do this? It's really realistic if you pull the stick during the flight.

I'm searching too a good tutorial, which explain me the whole sound.cfg. Which parameters mean what. I was searching into this site, but i can't find anything.

Regards Marco

Country
germany
working on helicopter blade slap

I am actualy working on a XML-gauge for this....
At this video you can hear the "first alpha try out" bringing a slap sound to a helicopter between seconds 18 - 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotEfL0yVe0
Meanwhile, the xml-work has gone far, but I need good and free to use sound-files.

For the first version, I plan to realize 3 situations for blade-slap to be haerd:
1. Below 40 kts with high bank angles (slap-volume depending on bank angle)
2. Descending between 110 / 45 kts (slap-volume depending on descend-rate)
3. At speed > 125 kts with pitch to forward

Once done, there may be 3 different XML-gauges
- 2-blade helicopters like Bell 206, ...
- 3-blade helos like AS350
- 4-blade like BK117, EC135, EC145 ...

I need your help: If you have sound-files, or know which I can use for this please post links or send me a message.

Thanks,
Stephan

Country
ca-novascotia
I am actualy working on a XML-gauge for this....
At this video you can hear the "first alpha try out" bringing a slap sound to a helicopter between seconds 18 - 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotEfL0yVe0
Meanwhile, the xml-work has gone far, but I need good and free to use sound-files.

For the first version, I plan to realize 3 situations for blade-slap to be haerd:
1. Below 40 kts with high bank angles (slap-volume depending on bank angle)
2. Descending between 110 / 45 kts (slap-volume depending on descend-rate)
3. At speed > 125 kts with pitch to forward

Once done, there may be 3 different XML-gauges
- 2-blade helicopters like Bell 206, ...
- 3-blade helos like AS350
- 4-blade like BK117, EC135, EC145 ...

I need your help: If you have sound-files, or know which I can use for this please post links or send me a message.

Thanks,
Stephan

We may be able to help each other. Email me at sonicsolutions_at_live.ca

Here's some of the slap in a pack I'm working on. This is done via the cfg and not a guage http://youtu.be/EtYQbb17LtY?hd=1

Last edited:
Country
ca-novascotia
Old article but a great read none the less. I didn't read the entire thing but didn't see any mention of the recording gear or mics used. Mics can make all the difference in how the results play out. This would've been done on analog tape as well which if you're old enough as me and lucky to still possess a top of the line Reel To Reel machine...you'll know that the type of tape aslo has a huge effect on the results. I'm sure though these guys used some very neutral sounding gear as they were all top notch guys working on the project.

Would be intesting to see that study done today with Digital equipment made public.

Country
germany
Yeees ! I know that tape-drives and still have one of that good quality HiFi devices. But the tapes will get older and can`t hold the quality of today`s technical solutions.

Meanwhile I decided to kick one of the effects (bank at low speeds) out of my gauge and in return expand the velocityrange of the descend-effect.

I hope, that the development is soon finished, so I find my way back to cockpit :cool:

Stay tuned

Country
germany
Here is the actual status:

All looks good to get a final version 1.0 soon ...

See both effects (curves & descent in this video of a test-session)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZbXbniOWk

Still need permission from Doug Dawson to integrate his gauge into my package - I think it makes sense.

Country
germany
Release

Here it is... 1st Version is ready to release.
You can see the Download-Links below the video, when I uploaded it !

I have to mention, that it is very difficult to match each FS-Helicopter-Addon, but I think, this version 1.0 is a very good start :

http://youtu.be/qUntpERtEkQ

Country
germany
Released ...
You can find Version 1.0 on Hovercontrol (section FSX Helicopter Soundkits) or via the Video-Information (see Video above)

This Module is called BladeSlapSND

Have fun...

Country
italy
Hi, I tried this blade slap sound v1.1 for FSX, on my CeraSim AS365. It's
amzing, but the only issue I found is levers/buttons click sounds just disappear!
There is a way to fix it?

Thanks
Alessio