• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Cargo Spot Pushback Tugs

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

I hope at least Jim Vile knows this question. :)

I am trying to find the model folders for the pushback tugs that appear at a Cargo spot. There are gray and blue ones. I have found all other ground equipment in the SimObjects/GroundVehicles folder, but these two are eluding me.

Anyone?

Thanks,

good question Tom,

I wonder if these are the GUID's for them

<PushbackTugs>
<ModelEntry>
<ModelID>{82A2760F-2871-4933-85C5-7B8125189EDF}</ModelID>
<EntryWeight>5</EntryWeight>
</ModelEntry>
<ModelEntry>
<ModelID>{D7C80684-24E2-4137-A911-9772228F7101}</ModelID>
</ModelEntry>
</PushbackTugs>

I was trying to find where some of the other vehicles are:
supplytruck and supplytruckred
these are not in the SimObjects/GroundVehicles folder either
these are on my flash drive, i expect you have these already, not on my PC at the moment doesn't ADE bring up the same Guids?

Last edited:
Tom

Ray is listing the correct XML and GUID's.

<LivingWorldRegion>
<RegionID>D</RegionID>
<RightSideDrive>true</RightSideDrive>
etc data.
etc data
<Airport>
<PushbackTugs>
<ModelEntry>
<ModelID>{82A2760F-2871-4933-85C5-7B8125189EDF}</ModelID>
</ModelEntry>
<ModelEntry>
<ModelID>{D7C80684-24E2-4137-A911-9772228F7101}</ModelID>
</ModelEntry>
</PushbackTugs>

The Pushback tugs are called for in the LWcfg.spb

There are multiple listings based on Region. In different Regions of the world you will see different type airport vehicles. You can substitute different type pushback, fuel trucks, Ambient Traffic type vehicles, etc. per region in the LWcfg. This is where you change all the speeds of vehicles on freeways.

I have converted that file to a XML so I could change all the freeway traffic to a slower more realistic speed. The file is in the User\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder.

If you want the veh_air_pushbackblue or grey.mdl it is in the vehicles_airport.bgl. Thats in the Global Scenery folder and veh textures are in the companion Texture folder

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks to both of you. I was aware of the spb file, but didn't realize I could edit that file to change the pushback tugs to a different model. I assume that this model does not have animated wheels since it is a scenery object. I am trying to backdate much of the default ground equipment, and remove the rest (to simulate the 1960's).

Most of the vehicles in the vehicles_airport.bgl have modeled animated wheels. However there are a few that do not have the animated wheels but are still used as vehicles that spawn and travel around airports from parking spot to parking spot.

If you replace the pushback tugs for cargo (which is also the pushback tugs for Gate parking spots) in the .spb the wheels may or may not turn based on the model used.

Oh yes I forgot that aircraft and scenery MDL files are identical in FSX, so scenery objects can have aircraft animations. I'm too used to FS2004. :)

I've already converted a 1960's fuel truck to include rotating wheels that works great in FSX (I used the c_tire_still_key variable) so I can now build the rest, if I decide to.

Thanks,

Tom,
Like Jim i also use the XML file for all traffic, as you probably know you have to disable the .spb file as FSX will read the XML file for all traffic
i also have the FSX ambulances roaming the airports, the Euro and US ones in there respective regions

Hi,

I am in a habit of reviving old threads apparently:), but...
I was looking for a way to change the regions for airport vehicles of which I made some specific ones that are (more or less logically) typical for a country and not for a whole region.
The SDK states that you can change (but not add regions). However, I cannot find any further explanation in the SDK 'how to?'.
I searched the FSDeveloper forum but most of the threads I found were for changes of landclass (and found links are dead) and that is, of course, not the idea.
The above threads deal with stuff that I already know so that is not the point.
Maybe some of you (Jim:)? Tom:)? ...?) can tell me how to or find a link to (Gary?:)) some site where I can find some more info on the subject.

Thanks a bunch beforehand so that I do not have to hopefully do it so profusely anymore afterwards.

PS: I am envious of the French that at least have a region of their own already though the textures are not differentiated from the rest of W-Europe.

Yup, Tom, that I have figured out a long time ago.
But how do you go about changing those regions?
Say I would like to exclude the Netherlands from the Germanic region and add it to the France region for instance.
How do you tackle that?

Roby, are you talking about the vehicles or something else?
if so do you know what the difference with the vehicles is in those regions?
as to me it looks like the list of GUID's for the "A" Germanic region is the same as the "L" Europe French region!

Hi,

I am talking about airport vehicles only.
If I were to change the GUID numbers of the French region for instance, it would only affect France but if I would do that for the A Europe region it would affect many countries.
My idea in that case would be to add France to southern Europe, then use the former French region for the UK, Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, etc. and the A region for the Scandinavian countries. That would at least be more logical than is defined as regions now.
Ideally the regions should be per country but that is not possible according to the SDK (although I do not know whether anybody has tried it).

You cannot change the regions; they are hard coded into the sim.

Quote from the terrain and scenery SDK:
"It is possible to change the regions that have been applied to the world, though it is not possible to add new regions to the 24 listed above."
???
PS (so that you know it is me): in FSX that is.

Last edited:
Back