• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 CYXU London Ontario Canada

Looks pretty gooed mate! But you should definitely change those glass textures on the airside of the terminal. Those chairs must be huge :p

Keep up the good work Andy. My home airport. Been working on CYXU for years.

Looks good is anyone working on yxu for fs9. The one Garvin barnicoat made is out of date....

Great job, Andy!!! At least, you've accomplish something:). I'm curious though: what tools, software and satellite imagery did you used to make your
CYXU scenery???

:cool:

Great job, Andy!!! At least, you've accomplish something:). I'm curious though: what tools, software and satellite imagery did you used to make your
CYXU scenery???

:cool:

sbuilerx - for terrain scenery, used both google and virtual earth satellite imagery
scenproc - to add autogen vegetation and buildings mainly for scenery of the city that I also made, not shown here
sketchup - terminal, runways, taxiways and all other 3d objects
photoshop/GIMP - all textures
ADE - everything to do with airport "under the hood" as taxi paths/signs, parking etc most of which you never see but needs to be there so airport actually works
3ds max - for SODE jetways (still working on it)
MCX - to place all my objects in the sim and make them show as they were intended to, final tool to use in the whole process, but most important one, #1 tool, there would be no airport without it :p

Andy

sbuilerx - for terrain scenery, used both google and virtual earth satellite imagery
scenproc - to add autogen vegetation and buildings mainly for scenery of the city that I also made, not shown here
sketchup - terminal, runways, taxiways and all other 3d objects
photoshop/GIMP - all textures
ADE - everything to do with airport "under the hood" as taxi paths/signs, parking etc most of which you never see but needs to be there so airport actually works
3ds max - for SODE jetways (still working on it)
MCX - to place all my objects in the sim and make them show as they were intended to, final tool to use in the whole process, but most important one, #1 tool, there would be no airport without it :p

Andy

Awesome, Andy!!! I can imagine it's no easy task doing a scenery but I'm pretty sure that time, patience, and commitment are require to make such a excellent scenery!

Well thanks, glad you like :)

I do plan on making it public when it's done, should be down hill after I get the jetway figured out. Although not the most popular airport in the world LOL.

Cool, Cool:cool:! I guess no one didn't bother to pick up on this airport until you did, eh! By the way, have you ever thought about doing tutorial videos about how
you do your CYXU scenery? I'm sure there are those (including) who are looking to get into FS scenery creation.

Not really, there are plenty of good video tutorials on every tool i mentioned that I used to make this. I might make one.... if I do succeed... :rolleyes: on working with SODE jetways, cause there is literally nothing on that, NOTHING !!! :rolleyes:.
I suggest you start with Sketchup, super easy, simple program to work with! (anything you make in sketchup can be placed in the sim)
Make yourself a simple building, texture it, use MCX to convert it to FSX/P3D (same thing for the most part) place it where you want it and go from there. :)

I just released my scenery, you are welcome to download it and check it out if you like.
Link is on my profile page. File is about 190MB, and it's a manual install, very simple however.
Scenery is freeware.

Keep in mind this is my very first scenery ever, but I am open to any suggestions and comments.

Enjoy.

CYXU Morning.jpg

CYXU Night.jpg

Might in the future add to it and improve it for now I think it's a-OK.

Few things I know need improvement are bump textures for taxiways and runways they are over exaggerated in some areas.
Night lights could use some work as well, and draw-calls are kinda high on terminal this could be improved although overall scenery has no impact on performance on my system.

There is also basic photo-real scenery of the city itself with some autogen buildings and trees, it is a very large file 400MB i think so again if you interested message me for it I will upload and send you a link.

Legal note: Scenery is freeware it should not contain any copyrighted material (best to my knowledge), all textures etc. are from free sources. If you should find anything that should not be there please let me know and I will make the required adjustments.
It was designed for personal use in mind, but since there are really no other versions of this airport available out there I decided to share it. Although not the most popular airport in the world :p surely there might be few simmers who will be happy to have nice scenery for London Ontario.

ENJOY

Andy

PS: Lastly I would like to thank all for help I got on this forum and to developers of tools I needed to make this possible. (you know who you are :))

Next CYOW :)

Congratulations on the release! It looks very nice!

If you are planning to update this scenery, maybe it's a good idea to add some clutter at the airport. Like baggagecarts, fences, traffic cones, etc. And maybe some static vehicles on the apron.

But again, very nice and I'm looking forward to your next project! ;)

Congratulations on the release! It looks very nice!

If you are planning to update this scenery, maybe it's a good idea to add some clutter at the airport. Like baggagecarts, fences, traffic cones, etc. And maybe some static vehicles on the apron.

But again, very nice and I'm looking forward to your next project! ;)

Thanks ! Very good suggestion! It did look to me as it was missing something when I took the picture. Will certainly be updating it some more and I agree airport clutter will be a great thing to add !

Just tested this out on FSX:SE. Textures are blurry (will probably look better if I had pumped it up to 4096) and the terminal was gone. Shame this isn't compatible with either FSX. Great looking airport though! Looking forward to see your next creation!

Just tested this out on FSX:SE. Textures are blurry (will probably look better if I had pumped it up to 4096) and the terminal was gone. Shame this isn't compatible with either FSX. Great looking airport though! Looking forward to see your next creation!

I no longer use FSX since p3d v2.5, I was hoping it would work with FSX, but I guess not. :( to be honest I am not even sure what would I have to do to make it FSX compatible.

For p3d I have mine set up at 2048 and all my textures are max 2048x2048 so cranking up to 4096 would probably not help.

Andy

Phase 2 :D

1. Replace all the Autogen Buildings with new custom models that resemble real ones, in all aspects I can manage.
2. Add clutter around the terminal area.
3. Edit ground texture more to get rid of junk, mostly cars on the parking lots as they don't look very appealing being flat, also forgot to blend in areas where ground poly meets ground texture, edges of runways/taxiway.
4. Animate few hangars.. well try anyways...

Did the buildings.... now a trip to the airport with camera :)
step2.jpg
Andy

Excellent scenery, Andy!! All your hard work and efforts paid off - I know overtime you'd update your scenery, adding extra stuffs that you might find missing in your scenery. Unfortunately, I can't test out your scenery due to nature of my job kept me away from home.

P.S. Maybe then you could do a tutorial on how you do your scenery:cool::D

Excellent scenery, Andy!! All your hard work and efforts paid off - I know overtime you'd update your scenery, adding extra stuffs that you might find missing in your scenery. Unfortunately, I can't test out your scenery due to nature of my job kept me away from home.

P.S. Maybe then you could do a tutorial on how you do your scenery:cool::D

Adding some more stuff to the airport to make it an airport :D

Done with most of the buildings, there are still few that i didn't care to add... (it's a lot of work) :p, but after flying over it i am thinking I might add them yet... these white spots from photo ground scenery are an eye-sore.

next to do little more cleanup and night textures :)

fix the fencing ... and will be pretty nice CYXU... maybe someone will actually fly there now :p

maybe even animate some of these hangars... can't wait to start animating them in 3DS Max :rolleyes:, :p:p:p

Andy :wave:

Last edited:
Back