• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Dash 8 100/300

Hey Morten, Happy New year!

Great to see you're still working on the project

Can't wait to see the finished result. Can't wait to paint some stuff on it now that I finally got my laptop back!

Best Regards :)

Thanks Gideon! Happy New year to you too :)

The project is not dead, i work on it almost every day ;)

You have access to the dash so you can Paint what ever you like to :cool:

Hello all!

After many years now i will finally say goodbye to the trusty ol'e Fs design Studio, i am now moving over to 3ds for good :)
So.... progress on Dash 8 project will be going slow for a moment, due to every .FSC file is being converted over to 3ds.

dash8q1003ds.jpg

DUDE you scared me lol: "After many years now i will finally say goodbye ..." I was like, NOOO

Amazing news, :D right on my BDay so thanks :)

I've converted a project from FSDS to 3ds Max once and never want to do it again. Especially having to recreate all part pivots and animations is very exhausting.

I've converted a project from FSDS to 3ds Max once and never want to do it again. Especially having to recreate all part pivots and animations is very exhausting.
I was able to save the pivots positions and texture uvw's coordinates. i can live with doing all the animations one more time ;)

I love it already, so many things that's way more easier to do in max :D and if i am stuck with something, I'll just go to YouTube, so many how to guides there.

I know, but adjusting pivot positions in 3ds is a dream compared to fsds, but some features I like much better in fsds, like creating new polygons, in fsds you select 3-4 vertex and press Control+P.

Definitely turn on vertex snap when creating new polygons and mind the direction of vertext selection (CW or CCW).

You can also select all sourrounding edges and simply use the "cap" (or whatever it's called) button.

Hello Guys!

The project is not dead, but put on hold at the moment, since I have a lot of other stuff going on at the same time, one of them is working as a freelancer modeler for a developer, etc. But I will continue when stuff has calm down and come back stronger with new knowledge and experience with 3ds! :)
I also stuck on some problems with converting over to 3ds Max, so I have to rebuild some parts of the external and interior models, it wasn't that straight forward that I hope it would be. But I will be able to manage that, the downside is that it will take much longer to get the model in that state that I had it in Fsds.

But for those who are waiting for a new freeware Dash 8 100 model, I have some good news.
I have worked on Dreamwings Dash 8 100 now and then and updated it for fsx and p3dV4++ and given it a small makeover, ( i have the original dw dash 8's source files And with permission from former dw staff ) This model is not far away from ready for release ;) Not that detailed like mine, But I think it's good enough ;)

Swaor (Sven) have given the textures an extended makeover :D

unknown.png

It´s me, Sven (The texture guy ;)) with a quick update about the Q100 freeware.
Engines are now almost completed, here are some pics:
engine1.png

engine2.png

As you can see I still have to work on the wings and then do some minor adjustments here and there, and also please remember that this is "just" freeware.

For release I will of course include a paintkit if someone wants to paint their own liveries and also I´ll include some liveries "out of the box" :).
Texture sheets are in 4096x4096px but for people with lower spec systems there´ll be a 2048x2048px option.

Finally here´s some cool edited picture I guess:
picture.png

Last edited:
Excellent work, I look forward to this when released. One question. Will the specialized versions of the aircraft be modeled? Such as the CT142, Boeing E9, US Army Golden Knights, surveillance.

Back