• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flightdeck with lights

I changed the method after reading tutorials
I made a single plane with this pivot
I add a texture
I reduce the opacity to 40 (not sure to reduce to 0 to have a transparent object in the game)
the effect will be in the middle
Is it correct?

Attachments

• wip_light02.jpg
    wip_light02.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 373
The opacity will need to be in the texture, but there will be flickering/drawing order problems if it isn't set as a ground polygon.

The opacity will need to be in the texture, but there will be flickering/drawing order problems if it isn't set as a ground polygon.
you mean MCX ground poly wizard?
How does this work?

Anyway
I continued :
I changed Name to material as Light_Deck
and
I added effect as showed in the attached file
but may be it is not sufficient;
what I do not undestand is If:
1.I have to create a clone plane and link to my previous and why (which is its function)
2.I have to add a BOX , that will be Transparent where to put "the light Bulb" as written in an other tutorial
3.than add to this box central pivot the effect

Attachments

• wip_light03.jpg
    wip_light03.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 299
  • wip_light04.jpg
    wip_light04.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 350
anyway I have the same initial problem :I do not export effects both with GMAX and 3DS max
where do I have to see to check?

Hi guys,
Now my 3ds max 9 works well so can you explain to me the steps to create a single light?
I have:
1.created a single-poly flightdeck
2.created a planes :LIGHT_Green_01
3. created a texture named Halo_green
now must I:

4.clone LIGHT_green_01?
5.link LIGHT_green_02 to light_green_01?
5.attach effect to light_green_02
with both Z pivot directed in the opposite direction where the beam light should be directed ?
4.......and than?
An help to finish please
regards
Cobby

Attachments

• wiplight02.jpg
    wiplight02.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 317
Back