• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How can I find out which textures are used by landclass BGL-File?

Country
austria
Hi @ all!

I have a crash-to-desktop - problem with a scenery.
I think the Problem lies in a landclass.bgl file.

In think in the texture folder are not all textures avialable used by the landclass.bgl

Is there a way to find out which textures are used by the landclass.bgl file? Can I decompile the file?

Thanks for helping.

Can you the bgl File as zip Attachment insert here in the Forum resp. your next post.

Hi whiggy.

You can use TMFViewer to see exactly if the landclass file is valid, and what the definitions are.

Dick

Hi whiggy.

You can use TMFViewer to see exactly if the landclass file is valid, and what the definitions are.

Dick

IT's the Austria Professional 2004 LC. File: atlc.bgl

I opened the file with tmfviewer but it only gives me a overview from the area and i don't have any other possibilities to find out wich textures are used.

I have seen a "value=" followed by a number but it dosen't mach with the filenames of the bmp-files.

The FS2004 scenery SDKs contain information to take these landclass numbers and match them to their actual bitmap names.

But this is not likely to be the problem, as it is a valid landclass or the TMFViewer wouldn't show it. If special textures are used with this scenery, then a reinstallation should solve any problem with it.

There is a seasonal bug that crashes FS2004, that requires the SP1 update to fix. That is most likely the cause ( especially this time of year ).

Dick

The FS2004 scenery SDKs contain

There is a seasonal bug that crashes FS2004, that requires the SP1 update to fix. That is most likely the cause ( especially this time of year ).

Dick

I installed the FS9 SP1 and Austria Pro 2004 SP2.

The problem still occurs.
I have crash to dektop when de season are spring and when i'm flying in austrian airspace.

If I fly with the FS9 default LC, no ctd's !

It's been a while debugging FS2004 crashes.

I recall if a landclass scenery has new replacement textures in a twin texture folder, then all the textures called by the landclass BGL must be in the texture folder... not just the new ones. or you get a memory leak that will lead to a crash.

So first, I would look to see if there is a twin "texture" folder. If there is, then are there replacement textures for the landclasses? ( these typically have SU, or WI or SP within the names ). If there are, then you may be missing a texture or two that is causing the crash. Comparing the SU files with the SP files might reveal a missing spring texture.

If you don't have any of these replacement texture files, then the landclass BGL(s) could be moved to a new scenery folder structure that doesn't contain a twin "texture" folder at all... guaranteeing the landclass files will use the default texturing.

It is possible you may be missing a default spring texture. again comparing the SP names to SU names in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\texture" folder might reveal a problem.

That's about all you could do regarding the landclass BGL.

Dick

It's been a while debugging FS2004 crashes.

I recall if a landclass scenery has new replacement textures in a twin texture folder, then all the textures called by the landclass BGL must be in the texture folder... not just the new ones. or you get a memory leak that will lead to a crash.

So first, I would look to see if there is a twin "texture" folder. If there is, then are there replacement textures for the landclasses? ( these typically have SU, or WI or SP within the names ). If there are, then you may be missing a texture or two that is causing the crash. Comparing the SU files with the SP files might reveal a missing spring texture.

If you don't have any of these replacement texture files, then the landclass BGL(s) could be moved to a new scenery folder structure that doesn't contain a twin "texture" folder at all... guaranteeing the landclass files will use the default texturing.

It is possible you may be missing a default spring texture. again comparing the SP names to SU names in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\texture" folder might reveal a problem.

That's about all you could do regarding the landclass BGL.

Dick

Thank You!
But I copied the complete Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\texture" in my Austria-Professional LC Texture folder :)

It dosen't work :(

Back