• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How do I delete LWcfg.xml?

Country
unitedkingdom
I'm not a developer, just a semi-computer literate FSX addict, but I really need expert help. I'm having a bad CTD problem, involving LWcfg.xml, which I gather is used by developers working on FSX traffic. When I start up my FSX, this warning appears: "Living World settings in LWcfg.xml are invalid. Please delete LWcfdg.xml from your hidden user profile." I click OK, FSX boots up 100% - noticeably faster than usual - and the opening screen looks entirely normal except that there's no revolving aicraft in the box. I click Fly Now, and it's CTD and error report. I start up again, but this time there's a yellow warning triangle enclosing an exclamation mark, and no text. I click OK again, and the opening screen is as before. This time I select an aircraft before clicking Fly Now. Result: an empty blue screen. I have selected 'show hidden files' and checked User profiles, but LWcfg.xml isn't there. Windows search reveals no trace. What would you do?

You ought to have LWcfg.spb in your Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Microsoft\FSXfolder, if there is an LWcfg.xml in this folder, delete it. If the spb file is not in that folder, you could try copying it from the FSX main folder.

George

Last edited:
George - yes, the spb file is there. But not LWcfg.xml.

The .xml file is a decompiled version of the .spb, it is not needed. Is the .spb file in Docs & Settings the same size and date as that in your root FSX folder?

George

The one in the root folder is 152kb, date 9/9/2006. The one in Docs and Settings is also 152kb, but today's date, because it was suggested to me "try renaming it to LWcfg.spb.bak first, and see how you go." I did, but still get the same warning message ...

Yes, my root file is dated 09/09/2006 but Explorer reports it as 153KB.

You have two options, copy the file from root to Docs&Settings or do a repair from your FSX DVD.

BTW, which OS are you using, XP or Vista? Also, which version of FSX, RTM, SP1 or SP2?

George

Thanks, George. Nice to have an expert working on the case!
Options: I have done a repair, but no result.

Also deleted FSX cfg, also used System Restore. Worth trying any again?

If I copy the file from root to Docs and Settings, what will that do? [I'm pig-ignorant, as you'll have gathered]

I'm XP, FSX de luxe, SP1, Acceleration [which I've just deleted]

I've looked at Event Properties. Application error. Event ID:1000. Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0,faulting module symmap.dll, version 10.0.61637.0, fault address 0x0000c523. For what it's worth!

Regards

Peter

Hi Folks

I'm XP, FSX de luxe, SP1,
Acceleration [which I've just deleted]

I've looked at Event Properties.
Application error. Event ID:1000.
Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0,
faulting module symmap.dll, version 10.0.61637.0,
fault address 0x0000c523.
Peter -
That might be your problem.
Those file versions are both from Acceleration.

Code:
RTM:     10.0.60905
SP1:     10.0.61355 (Russian: 10.0.61357)
SP2:     10.0.61472
XPack:   10.0.61637

How did you remove Acceleration ?

HTH
ATB
Paul

Back