• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 KBUR Burbank

Download version 1.1
Note, compiled for P3d V4.4. May not function correctly in lower versions

ORBX regions patch. For users with landclass issues when using Orbx NALC or SOCAL. Global and vector not effected.

Hi

I am getting close to first release of a freeware improvement for KBUR Burbank airport for P3DV4.

Parked cars are a bit of a feature at Burbank with various business units and airport parking all nearby. Is there a good source of low poly cars to use with freeware distribution.

Here are some screens so far. I have designed with very low poly for looking good (better than default anyway) while barreling in at 140knts.

Fedex cargo area
Prepar3D 2018-06-28 20-50-16.jpg

Atlantic Aviation area
Prepar3D 2018-06-28 20-53-22.jpg

4 Stacks (red/white chimneys) and park/Dam area for Rwy 15 visual procedure
Prepar3D 2018-06-28 20-57-53.jpg

Ameriflight cargo and JetsuiteX hangars
Prepar3D 2018-06-28 20-50-36.jpg

Terminal area
Prepar3D 2018-06-28 21-01-08.jpg

Graeme

Attachments

• Prepar3D 2018-06-28 20-50-16.jpg
    Prepar3D 2018-06-28 20-50-16.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:
Country
estonia
It's looking really nice! Any updates? Is it possible to get it now, even if it isn't completely ready, like a beta version?

Best wishes!

You have given me a nudge. About one week left to finish the taxilines and compile and I will post a link here for some beta type testing before releasing it on the world. They will be Beta as I need to work on the LM's, and want to add dynamic light option.

Since the first post have added some major buildings, apron markings, some vehicles, dynamic reflect on windows and tidied up the lc.
kbur1.jpg

Never found a good free resource for parked cars for freeware. Burbank being in studioland is surrounded by car park lots storing movie vehicles. Done some simple billboard cutout to at least give a sense of it when taxiing.

Country
us-arizona
I was just flying into Burbank last night, but in X-Plane. One of Howard Hughes fave airports. I usually fly into Burbank in V4 as well. This will be great. Many thanks for doing it.

Finding airside pictures of the terminal is near impossible. Any reference would be interesting, and even if I don't use them it's a good historical reference before the terminal is replaced.

All the major taxilining I want to do is complete now, so just need to find a little time to group the ground elements and compile. It's raining on Saturday...
KBUR lines.jpg

Country
unitedstates
I will be working tomorrow. And I will get you some airside terminal pictures. Only problem is Southwest uses gates A1-4 and 6-8. So there is alot of gse in the way of the building. And particular that you would like me to capture?

At the most basic level, typical wall door and window area from the single floor building, gate 4 looks good reference area. As you say, alot of clutter in the way.

Repeating signs, like a gate number over the door or instructions for passengers?

Beyond that, it's a very specific lovely old building (art deco?), and would want a full walkaround with the camera one day. I'll have to come :). Is there any word on what will happen to it when the new terminal goes up?

Country
unitedstates
He's some airside

Attachments

• 20181007_163559.jpg
    20181007_163559.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 652
  • 20181007_163521.jpg
    20181007_163521.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 655
  • 20181007_163541.jpg
    20181007_163541.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 612
Well apologies for the delay. I found many many little tidy up issues with the taxiways and have been going round them. Should be done to acceptable standard in the next day or two.

But hey, we also now have
Seasonal grass texture on sat image (it's brown originally. Winter time in LALA land I assume)
Prepar3D 2018-10-08 21-10-39-medium.jpg

Prepar3D 2018-10-10 11-12-02-medium.jpg

And Dynamic lighting...
Prepar3D 2018-10-08 21-21-21-medium.jpg

Prepar3D 2018-10-08 21-21-21-medium.jpg

Not gone overboard with light placements in the GA areas. When testers report back on FPS, can add more, though I am getting lights flicking on and off now. I think I have reached the 250 light limit with 100% AI that I run, and KLAX is just over the hill.

Country
unitedstates
Well apologies for the delay. I found many many little tidy up issues with the taxiways and have been going round them. Should be done to acceptable standard in the next day or two.

But hey, we also now have
Seasonal grass texture on sat image (it's brown originally. Winter time in LALA land I assume)
View attachment 44796
View attachment 44797

And Dynamic lighting...
View attachment 44800
View attachment 44801

Not gone overboard with light placements in the GA areas. When testers report back on FPS, can add more, though I am getting lights flicking on and off now. I think I have reached the 250 light limit with 100% AI that I run, and KLAX is just over the hill.
Would it be possible to get my hands on the test of it

A link has been created at the top of the post, to V1.0 files for beta testing. I am looking for feedback on items that may prevent the airport from working on others installations, rather than thoughts on how pretty it is, or isn't.

It began with a simple cube structure to replace the terminal. Looking back I feel the terminal is way too simple. If I can get more info on airside, I may upgrade it. The whole airport is really done to look convincing whilst concentrating on hitting the TD zone at 140knts.

The ground is not really finished. Outside of the main taxiways and runways it relies on the aerial image for ground texture, so very low res up close, and there are some gaps where textured taxilines meet ADE taxilines. Hopefully you don't find it too annoying.

The buildings are textured across shared maps at 4096 x 4096. If you use lower resolutions in your sim, they may look a little grainy up close.

The building lightmaps need some extra attention. They work OK but I have now added dynamic lights, so need a finished set for no dynamic option, and a set for when dynamic is enabled. For now they look reasonable for both on and off.

Hopefully it meets the brief of framerate friendly airport for midsize jets and GA with visual cues to carry out published visual procedures.

Try the Four Stacks Visual, chart here
https://skyvector.com/airport/BUR/Bob-Hope-Airport

Anyone given it a go? No posts means no problems I hope.

I have noted the ground parts, taxilines/hold shorts etc, do not line up exactly with sat image underneath. I did not adequately compensate the ground image in modelling software for curve of the earth. I have corrected this and am working on additional ground features to update.

It's a busy period at mo, so it may take a month, or two. For now it is useable.

Country
unitedstates
I've been using it and I have to say it's really good. Just a few small things. Lighting but I think you said you are working on it. I will post a photo tonight of the runways and taxiways. Other than that I love it

Country
unitedstates
I'll download it tonight and give it a try. Looks really good, I'll have to PM you to learn more on how you created it. I am just starting to learn.

You're getting into scenery design? Welcome to the end of all your free time...

Happy to help pass on the little I know, and all the FS related stuff I learnt right here.

Taxilines and ground v2 is coming along.

Progress update.
Nearly finished all the new lining, and many ground enhancements. Will just need to tidy it up, export it all and redo the ade file. Boring work gets in the way. The aim is to get it done by Christmas.

The various areas of photoscenery are looking sharp with new V4.4. Fly over the Hnsen Dam park area to the north. I am sure it looks much better.

Once the ground is finished, I may have a go at a proper model of the terminal.

Now where can I add those pbr materials...