• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

My New Blender FSX Project

Hi F747fly!

I do not know if it is common or not. That is a very good question. I have decided to go with a helmet because of it being an ultralight and to me I would wear a helmet. Not forgetting that it is much easier to model a helmet than the human head.

Thanks, Kris:)

Hi Kris!
Whenever I see an Ultralight fly over in real-life I see the pilots wear crashhelmet (like the once people wear when riding racingbikes or the pilot of the Microsoft ultralight in FSX). So I'd think that in Europe atleast it is mandatory to wear a crash-helmet ;) So going for that option is just the best, since it is both realistic and much easier then modeling a human head.

F747fly

Hi Everyone!

Here is an image of the pilot model completed. All I have to do now is texture him and animate him.

AltraMax_Pilot_3.jpg

And Thank You very much for everyone that has downloaded my aircraft. I now have 1650 downloads. That is only a 1,000 more download than I expected to have.:rotfl:

I will try to have a new version of the AltrMax out by next month.

Hi Everyone!

Here is an image of what I have done on the pilot so far.

AltraMax_Pilot_4.jpg

Thanks, Kris :)

Awesome! Now that looks like something definitely worth being in my hangar!

If the pilot is animated, I'd say this addon is more than done!

Looks absolutely great Kris! Certainly something the will get a place in my virtual hangar aswell! Amazing modelling!

Hi Guys!

Thanks! Roel, Daan, F747fly, and Hector Lee.

I thought I was almost done with the texturing of the pilot. But I have been getting request for a re-paint kit for the aircraft and pilot. So, I am going to have to go back and clean up my meshes. Because I did not design the meshes user friendly for re-painters. The UV-maps are not easy to follow on some parts.

So it is going to be a little longer before I release the updated Altramax project. I am looking at a good month of work to fix some problems that has been brought to my attention and to clean up the meshes for a re-paint kit.

And Again, I would like to thank everyone that has downloaded the Altramax, and I would like to thank all of the people at FSDeveloper that has helped me by answering all of the newbee questions.

Here is a list of the people that I would like to thank. If I have forgotten someones name please forgive me.

Mr. Felix aka(Capt_X)
Daan aka (DutcheeseBlend)
kevintampa5
ronh
n4gix
Heretic
Lionheart
Hairyspin
jdberg
N2056

Thank you guys very, very much!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Kris:)

Hi Everyone!

Well I have been working on re-modeling my pilot so that I can make a re-paint kit for it. My mesh is much cleaner now and I have found besides it being much easier to UV-unwrap, I am not going to have to use a sub-suf modifier to make the mesh look smoother. That is going to save me a lot of tries.

image before re-modeling:
pilotMesh2.jpg

Image after re-modeling:
pilotMesh1.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Here is an updated image of my pilot for the AltraMax ultralight. It was much easier to uv-unwrap the pilot, with this cleaner version of the mesh.

pilotMesh3.jpg

I will be using the AltraMax pilot for the tutorials that I am going to be making on how to model, rig, and animate a pilot. I will also be releasing the AltraMax pilot Blender file as a learning resource in the aircraft resources at FSDeveloper.com .

The series will contain 3 video's. And I will be releasing all 3 video's at the same time. In doing this, every one can start with the video that they are interested in.

If GOD willing I will try to have the video's done in the next 2 weeks.

Thank you, Kris:)

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to update everyone on the progress of the new release of the AltraMax. I have made several changes to the look of the aircraft. And I have fixed several performance problems that I have noticed with the aircraft and frame rate. I have completely re-modeled the air-frame and I have cut down the tri count to less than half of what it was. I have also fixed the problem that was brought to my attention: That the panel in the non-panel version of the aircraft would become visible at different LOD's. I have also taken my time and I have enhanced the textures for the aircraft. And of course you all know that an animated pilot has been added to the AltraMax. I will try to have the AltraMax released as soon as I can.

Below is an image of the AltraMax:

AltraMax_Pilot_5.jpg

It is taking me longer to get all of this done than I thought, So I will not have the pilot tutorials out this week. I will try to have the videos out as soon as complete the re-lease of the AltraMax with Pilot.

Back