• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Ready4Takeoff-Simulations Frankfurt 2015

Country
germany
Good morning from Germany,
we are Ready4Takeoff Simulations, but I think you should know us. We had some problems in the last 3-4 months and now we are back. We will change our logo in a few days and we will also post screens taking in FSX.

The project: Frankfurt 2015

We will do Frankfurt but we know Flightbeam having Frankfurt on the roadmap too. By the way we will do our best to be an good alternative.

Features:

• Custom ground textures

• Dirt and oil textures

• Custom ground vehicles

• Winter, summer,fall and spring textures

• Realistic textures (dirt, refelctions etc)

• Frankfurt airport train

• Ultrarealitic lights

• Animated runway hold short guard lights

• City of Frankfurt and village arround the airport

• and much more...!
Greetz
Ready4Takeoff Simulations.

Take a look: http://ready4takeoff.wix.com/ready4takeoff-sim

Last edited:
You guys making these announcements on there with nothing to show comes off as some sort of advertisement which is not what this showroom is for. I honestly think you are jumping the gun here. 2 announcements with nothing to show just strings people along for no reason. I have no confidence this team will release anything in the coming year and take these announcements for a grain of salt.

You guys making these announcements on there with nothing to show comes off as some sort of advertisement which is not what this showroom is for. I honestly think you are jumping the gun here. 2 announcements with nothing to show just strings people along for no reason. I have no confidence this team will release anything in the coming year and take these announcements for a grain of salt.

I second that post.

I think nobody will buy this scenery since everyone will pick either Aerosoft or Flightbeam. You've wasted the last few months and you'll be wasting more time if you don't stop developing. You've been warned about this before, but you wouldn't listen. You're going to make a huge loss on this scenery.

Being a good alternative is simply not enough. If you want your product to sell you are to be the best and it's very hard (if not impossible) to be better than Aerosoft or Flightbeam.

My advice was and still is to pull the plug on this project. Abandon it while you still can to prevent this huge loss and pick another airport to do. Picking Frankfurt is a stupid choice and you know it. But it's not too late to undo it. Cancel all Frankfurt development now and prevent this huge loss. Pick another airport to do, one that you can make profit on. Frankfurt will never be profitable for you with competition from Aerosoft and Flightbeam.

If your Frankfurt is expected to be high quality freeware, go ahead!! If not, it's always a good idea to create an airport that is not already available or in development (hint for the latter: http://www.airdailyx.net/adx-product-billboard). So in fact Abu Dhabi wasn't a bad choice, I think. Another aspect is, whether you are able to shuffle together all the data needed for development of the airport. Maybe it's better to start with a smaller (maybe even freeware) airport to build up reputation. Search this forum for all the announcements of big aiports or aircrafts and check how many of them reached final stages. Nevertheless I wish you all the best for your future projects. May the force be with you!

I'll second that. If you're impatient enough to announce it before doing any work I would go for a small airport. There's plenty to choose from. Even making a small regional airport to a good enough standard requires a ridiculous amount of man hours!

I agree with Jencas on this. Abu Dhabi was a good choice because no good scenery existed so far and neither was it planned. Frankfurt is another story and if you want to be succesful you have to be the best. It's easy to be the best on Abu Dhabi, but a whole lot more difficult to be the best on Frankfurt.

There are plenty of airports for wich no good scenery exists so far. They may not be among the largest airports in the world, but who cares? Smaller airports are easier to make anyway. Singapore and Munich are both covered so better pick another one. Let me name for example GMMN Casablanca, ULLI St. Petersburg, FACT Cape Town.

Thank you for the replies. According to all evidence the best way is to stop Frankfurt. And because of that we will develope an smoler airport like Abu Dhabi. I know the shitstorm in the german forums like flightx will begin in the next 30min :D

Hi,

Why would you stop it? Because someone else is doing it?
Unless you have not started work yet, I suggest to continue trying to make Frankfurt anyway and thereby focusing on other things than eye candy.
Some people do not care that much about eye candy any way and prefer to have an airport that is easy on the FPS and accurate on all the other things.
From your flag,I can see you are German so why do Abu Dhabi of all places?

We would like to do Frankfurt because we are Germans and we have a lot of information about Frankfurt. That was the reason. Why Abu Dhabi ? Because no other group did this airport as far as we know. We started developing on Frankfurt but we are new so we have to try something out...

Hey R4T

I think also like robystar. You start with Frankfurt now bring this to the end. And after this make a vote topic for the next project.

We would like to do Frankfurt because we are Germans and we have a lot of information about Frankfurt. That was the reason. Why Abu Dhabi ? Because no other group did this airport as far as we know. We started developing on Frankfurt but we are new so we have to try something out...

I'm from Germany too, If you want to do something in Germany you could maybe help me out with Dresden/Nuremberg.

Or do actual, FSX native successors to the GAP airports, like Hannover, Hamburg, Leipzig, Tegel, etc...

I can see that since you're German you want to do your home airport, but Frankfurt is by far not the only airport in Germany. Even in Germany there are still some airports uncovered (or only covered by freeware). Let's take for example Nürnberg, Dresden or Karlsrühe.

You may be familiar with Frankfurt, but you're not the only one. Aerosoft is a German company too and they know their way around Frankfurt just as good as you do. I think you started Abu Dhabi for the right reason and Frankfurt for the wrong one.

If you guys are so willing to do Frankfurt, why not Frankfurt Hahn? Aerosoft's scenery is getting pretty old now, and it isn't a huge airport like EDDF. So that sounds like a better starter than EDDF.

On second thought, I (reluctantly, because I hate to be wrong) agree to what Heretic, PatrickZ and Roel said.
Unless you think you are so good that you can compete with Aerosoft, I would go for a smaller airport to begin with.

Back