1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBuilderX and FS9

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by FlorianV, 30/12/07.

1. FlorianV

FlorianV

ca-alberta
    Hello Everybody.

I have just a small question. How can i use Scenery created with SBuilderX in FS9? I tried to import the SBX in Sbuilder 2.05 but that does not works. It says: "Invalid SBX" or something. I know that textures and structures are different against FS9 but i think that their must be a way to convert but i couldn't find it. I don't want to recreate it in SBuilder 2.05 because i really like the Photo background function supplied in SBuilderX:cool:

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,
    Florian;)
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Hopefully Luis reads you question here and gives his answer, but I don't think SBuilderX is backwards compatible with the old SBuilder.
  3. Luis_Sá

Luis_Sá Resource contributor

portugal
    Hello Florian,

As Arno pointed out, SBuilder205 is not compatible with SBuilderX. You can bring old projects into SBuilderX but not the reverse.

I do not know what you would like to do. The BGLs files created for FSX do not work in FS9. The only suggestion that I can make is trying to export Lines and polys though BLN and then import them in the older version. May be there are other possibilities but I would need to know exactly what you want to do (what type of types you want to take to FS9, ...).

Happy New Year,

Luis
  4. FlorianV

FlorianV

ca-alberta
    Hello Luis,

Thank you for your reply. Via Google Earth i was able to make a very detailled landclass and i wanted to use it in FS9 with the textures used by FS9. I made also roads etc.

But i am working now with Sbuilder 2.05 which works really wel via connection with FS9.

Cheers,
    Florian
  5. FlorianV

FlorianV

ca-alberta
    Hi, it's me again. I have now a problem with FS2004 and SBuilder 2.05. I made a landclass and now see this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anybody help me out?

Florian:eek:
  6. Luis_Sá

Luis_Sá Resource contributor

portugal
    Hello,

I do not know what is the problem with your scenery shown in the picture. Please open the BGL in TMFViewer and check what index is giving the gray texture.

In order to port your landclass to FS9, consider using the TIF file that SBX produces. You need to make a full LOD5 in FS9 using the transparent tile for filling purposes.

Kind Regards,

Luis