• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Windows out of order!

Country
italy
The windows in my 2d cockpit that is! I recently set up an icon to control a night mask for the cockpit. However, when I call the overhead panel it always is displayed behind the mask. Every other window I call up: radio, fuel panel etc etc is displayed in front. How do I get the overhead panel to do the same?
vololiberista

Add a zorder to your panel.cfg entries:

By default, the main 2d panel has a zorder=0, so...

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=430,400
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=80
window_size= 0.290, 0.409
window_pos= 0.710, 0.640
zorder=1 // always displays on top of zorder=0

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window04]
Background_color=9,9,9
size_mm=340,370
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=40
window_size= 0.250, 0.480
window_pos= 0.750, 0.522
zorder=2 // always displays on top of zroder=0 and zorder=1

It's simply a matter of deciding which order to display sub-panels you want... :)

Thanks for that tip. Now my night panel is beginning to look ok. My remaining niggling problem is simulating the light reflection under the glareshield
vololiberista

BTW, if you have FS Panel Studio, there's a box where you can set the zorder... ;)

Really? Where? I can't find it!
vololiberista

In the top toolbar's Window/Properties/Appearance dialog. There are five options there that may be set:

Code:
[ ] Visible at Startup         Update Rate   [ ] 

[ ] Render 3D Window                 Z Order [ ]

[ ] No Luminous

Also, check which version of FS Panel Studio you are running. The latest version is Version 1.2 Build 21603 dated Jan 11/2010.

If your's isn't current, download and install this version. It's a free update!

Last edited:
I have that exact build running. But, in my Window/Properties/Appearance
I have only two options:-

[visible at startup]
[Render 3D Window]

So something is clearly missing in my version.
vololiberista

P.S. It's only available in FSX Mode!

Last edited:
Odd, that! Oh well, at least you can add it in manually. You might try downloading and reinstalling the latest version. Perhaps the last "install" didn't complete properly.

Odd, that! Oh well, at least you can add it in manually. You might try downloading and reinstalling the latest version. Perhaps the last "install" didn't complete properly.

Actually it states in the manuel: "The following is an example of what is displayed in FSX Mode."

If I then change to FSX mode it appears. However it's not available in FS9 mode. But, as you say it has to be added manually into the cfg. file.
vololiberista

Well, how silly is that? Since the option works for FS9, it should be presented when in FS9 mode...

...but then again, after six years the author has not updated it to CREATE a [VCockpitnn] entry either... :banghead:

Back