1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bear Island v2 (Redux)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by christopherbritton, 14 Apr 2017.

1. Marc L

Marc L

france
    then, Im in :)

2. christopherbritton

christopherbritton Resource contributor

us-florida
    SODE is used for all the dynamic features such as: time/season sensitive ambient sounds, rain puddles, the frog who only likes rain, and the windsock.

Why get discouraged? Every developer starts from someplace. Check out the original Bear Island scenery in the OP or Atmore Mun on my website. Thats how I use to develop. Nothing special whatsoever. You've just got to do the digging and put in the work. Eventually you can learn how to do pretty much everything I have in the photos. :)

3. christopherbritton

us-florida
    I wasn't happy with the 3D grass I had covering the runway, so I decided to swap it out for something that would show up a little better. The grass is still cross-plain, but it looks a lot better than the previous IMO.

I'm starting to get the installers together. I want to do a little testing in FSX:SE before we head to Beta, but I'm hoping to get things rolling by Monday or Tuesday. Maybe sooner if things go smoothly.

bearisland_newrwgrass.jpg

antaris likes this.
  4. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

germany
    Impressive work Chris!!
    And glad to see another Configurator in action :)

christopherbritton likes this.
  5. pressler

pressler

us-southcarolina
    Awesome scenery!!!!

christopherbritton likes this.
  6. christopherbritton

us-florida
    Thank you! It's been a fun project, and more importantly, its opened the door to another project idea. I really appreciate that you have opened your configurator up to the dev community. Coming from someone who knows nothing of C++ "programming," I can't begin to tell you how much easier it makes my life. So, thanks for that! I soon hope to throw some business your way and include it in a few payware projects.

An idea: I'm not sure if this is already something you have included in your paid version, honestly I haven't looked, but it would be cool if you could find a way to allow the developer to change the color scheme of the configurator to match that of their own. Maybe limit it to the paid version? Its just a thought. I know nothing of C++ or hardcore programming, so I'm not even sure if my idea is feasable, but it seems like something that could be done utilizing the XML. :)

Thank you! Thank you very much! *Insert Elvis emoji*

For those who haven't looked back on the OP, this scenery is now in open beta! :cool:
    http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bear-island-v2-open-beta-fsx-p3dv2-p3dv3.440086/

Last edited: 22 May 2017
  7. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

germany
    You're welcome Christopher and thanks for the suggestion!
    In the current version (just released) it is possible to switch between Light and Dark theme.
    Furthermore you can switch seasons by texture copying which is the easiest way I guess without
    requiring a module.
    In a future version I'll also include the possibility to switch between color themes (currently orange in the Lite
    version and blue in the Pro version).
    All the best for your project!

8. christopherbritton

us-florida
    Bear Island v2 - Coming very soon! (Like, on my next day off..) *cough* ;)

bearisland_p3dv4_comingverysoon.jpg
    Screenshot from P3Dv4.

antaris and Marc L like this.
  9. Ganter

Ganter

unitedkingdom
    That looks exquisite.

antaris and christopherbritton like this.
  10. christopherbritton

us-florida

Attached Files:

11. christopherbritton

us-florida
    antaris likes this.