• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GMAX Boolean problem

Country
macedonia
Hello Guys.How any from here recommended to use tutorial of the year 2014+ and when i get my taxiways and runway now i need to make the boolean and i cant click the taxiway/runway.Take a look at video for my problem.Help please.

https://vid.me/XpcM

You're not following all the steps in Tic's method. Having converted the runway to Editable Spline, click on Attach and then on the taxiways to make them all one object. The Boolean method will now work.

After attaching them you need to hit "spline" by vertex/edge select, then select one of them, and then boolean merge.

Ahaaa thanks.I made it and shapes,curves.How can i make that the terminal will with black asphalt and runway with light asphalt when the runway,taxiways and terminal is attached as one?

Make sure the different surfaces are separated by edges (you can draw new edges if they're not) and then apply an FSX multi-material to the plane and assign the proper materials to the corresponding faces. You'll want to do a search here on creating FSX multi-materials. It is a bit of a challenge the first time through.

Actually, you can use default material instead of FSX material. Then export to mdl and convert it by using groundpolygon wizard. I got a problem when I use FSX material to ground poly. We don't need FSX material for ground poly since it is the format of FS2002. There are no properties that FSX material use in this format.

I tried with multi material but I dont know to use it for solve my problem.

Can someone make little tutorial how can I fix and solve my problem.

Thanks

Personally, I don't use multimaterial. It is confusing sometime. I would separate each group of polygons to one object and apply material to each one separately.

But i have runway,taxiways and terminal as one and when i apply texture it applys as one (on runway,taxiways and terminal) some solution how can i put different texture in three as one rectangles?? Thanks so much, Cheers!

You need to set select on Polygons and set up Material ID to each polygon you want.
Why don't you select your terminal and detach it as a new object? Then apply the right texture to it. This will make life MUCH easier.

I tryed to detattach and it works but when i convert it to editable poly or somethink else the shape/rectangle is hiding.I dont know what to do.Some solution? Thanks best regrads,Cheers!

You need to check if there is any shape that has an opening. Every vertices need to be a close object.

But how can i close my object when my rectangles is attached as one and with segment i dettach terminal(one of attached rectangles).When i dettach him i converting my terminal to editable poly and he is disapperaing...Solution please? And when i dettach him i get one box named to call it Shape02 ... Some solution please??

Back