• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Recent content by jgraddon

  1. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    Thanks to everyone for all their help, I now have it working correctly.
  2. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    :) I wish I understood that Hairyspin, it sounds like the answer, I think, can you elaborate for a gmax dummy like myself?
  3. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    This is how the loft should look.
  4. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    The weird thing is it has lofted both side of the guide line, unlike in all the tutorials and video where it only lofts in one direction, this of course ruins the taxiway edge. The picture is of course before I simplified the loft for fsx and as an example only.
  5. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    Here is an image of the problem.
  6. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    The lines I have tried to loft have always been single lines. Always with the same result, they loft on both side of the lines regardless of the shape or size, straight or curved.
  7. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    In all the examples the loft is in one direction only from the guide line. When I loft the loft goes in two directions either side of the guide, so haslf of the loft is going in the wrong direction.
  8. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    Yup! I am doing all that. But still the loft uses the guide line as the centre of the loft. Thanks for the quick replies by the way!
  9. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ground_Polygons_-_Taxilines_%28GMax%29 This is the tutorial I have followed. The Youtube link is for 3ds max and for 3d lofts which work fine for me in both Gmax and 3ds Max.
  10. J

    Lofting taxilines problem in Gmax.

    Following the tutorials on this site, every time I loft a line in Gmax, the loft goes in both directions. i.e. a 20m loft would go 10m one side of the guide line and 10m the other side of the line. All the examples on here and that I have watched on YouTube the line only lofts in one direction...
Back
Top