• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSDeveloper

arno
arno
Hi Martin,

There is no direct function for that in the dll files. You could read a bgl file and go over the objects in there to check if any matches the name.
arno
arno
In the ASToFra.FSUtils.dll file you will find a BglXStatsReader class. It can be used to read stats of all objects in a bgl file. It returns a list of ObjectStatistics objects, which have members for the guid and name.
arno
arno
connomar
connomar
I didn't like to pursue it, since I am pretty clueless, but many thanks for providing extra detail. I will delve into your manual.
connomar
connomar
Absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much Arno. The last problem I have is that BglXStatsReader returns a sequential name rather than the display name. Please could you tell me how to retrieve the display name?
arno
arno
Are you maybe reading a FS2004 library bgl? These don't store names.
connomar
connomar
1712672345524.png
1712672363561.png
1712672549051.png

No, definitely MSFS. I've posted what I get, how I get it, and what you get in MCX. Ignore the SubRoutines bit, I forgot to remove it.
Thanks again.
Back