• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA A newbie mistake

Messages
60
Country
unitedstates
After making over 2 dozen scenery objects into individual BGL files, I am seeing the wisdom of creating an object library. My hesitation is that I would rather not have to recompile all the objects into MDL files.

Thinking I can create a batch file with BGL2XML, decompile the MDL files and then use LibraryCreatorXML to package them all up together into one BGL library.

Is the way to accomplish my goal of having one library file? Is there a better way? Any gotchas?

Thanks again for this great community.

Henry
 
Hi,

That should work. It can also be done with my ModelConverterX tool. There is an option to merge different files in it.

Didn't you keep the MDL files when you made the current BGL files? That's often a good idea.

Do your current BGL files also contain the placement? That part is normally not put in the library BGL.
 
Thanks Arno, after you post I found the options in MCX both for combining files and for retaining the MDL files. Any new objects I create will be added with MCX. Very helpful.

I have separated the placement BGL from the Object BGLs...I did organize that right :-)
 
Back
Top