• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Autogen 3D Lights

Messages
260
Country
us-kentucky
Hi all,

I've been working alongside a fellow known as Sascha to create some 3D autogen lights for FS2004. The original library of lights (one from a russian avsim download) worked, but was very very heavy on FPS (even my titan of a computer got brought down below 10 in places like NYC).

I offered to develop new lights that were performance friendly without losing any of the density or look of the original.

The lights DO work, I have a single flat facedown untextured polygon with an effect attached to it approximately 15 feet off the ground, and if I place these objects using Instant Scenery, they all work just fine.

So, I gave him the library, and the GUID's for the specific light color models, and he replaced everything in the default.xml file referring to the lights. However, for reasons I simply can't find out, the lights no longer show up if used as autogen.

I used MCX to convert the lights and create the library, also pulling the GUID's from MCX for use in the default.xml file.

Any help?
 
Was the autogen class setup correctly in the default.xml file? The class needs to reference the object guids.
 
Honestly, I'm not very familiar with Autogen, I was just the 3D modeller, however I did provide the GUID's for my objects as he required. Here is the default.xml we were trying.

The references to things such as 'lightblue' are the autogen lights.
 

Attachments

Back
Top