• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA autogen annotator

Messages
2,388
Country
us-washington
This sounds like a computer problem, but I open annotator fine recently, then in the config window (large one) I click 'file' and then I already have autogendescriptions.xml. I choose that (at the bottom of the window- or I could open and navigate to autogen sdk, etc.)

When I do the above The small window containing the +groupings etc flashes into existence and disappears, and all the little windows disappear as well, leaving only the config window and the black window.

Has anyone experienced this and what is the fix? Bob
 
I think that Annotator will remember your window settings, so if you close some windows, they will stay closed when you restart Annotator. Can you bring them back from the 'View: Windows' menu?
 
toprob- Whoever you are, thanx. that did it. Now if I could only figure out whyI can't uninstall anything in control panel!!! Bob
 
New problem- can't exclude some trees I made with annotator. Is this normal? Thought I could do an exclude box around what I didn't want. OR- how can I do it in annotator itself? Bob
 
If you made the trees in Annotator yourself, it shouldn't be that hard to remove them there again?

What kind of exclude did you make?
 
I was under the misconception that I could use any exclude box like from AFX, airport Studio, ADE, etc or SBX, IS3 with a setting 'all', or 'effects' or autogen. it turns out , I now assume, that what I thought I was excluding (autogen made by annotator), was actually default autogen.
I now see I can 1. delete the agn files and start over, or 2. go back to annotator and delete the poly I am concerned with and redo it... which is the easiest. This seems to be the case? Bob
 
Back
Top