• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Blender mapping error

Hi all.
I have a problem to mapping my ground polygon.
I'm trying to mapping different options but failed.
How can i solve this problem?
0831013933.png

0831013940.png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I see you are using the texture in .dds format inside Blender.
The problem is that .dds textures render upside down in FS and in MCX.
Try using a non flipped png (or jpg or bmp) version of your texture for mapping in Blender and direct MCX to the dds one after export.

I see you are using the texture in .dds format inside Blender.
The problem is that .dds textures render upside down in FS and in MCX.
Try using a non flipped png (or jpg or bmp) version of your texture for mapping in Blender and direct MCX to the dds one after export.
0831022135.png

0831022105.png

I tried to use png in blender and using dds in MCX but sam problem TT

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Do the chevrons point the same way in the png and dds image when viewed in Blender? They shouldn't.
Also use a version of the markings texture where the numbers can be read.

Do the chevrons point the same way in the png and dds image when viewed in Blender? They shouldn't.
Also use a version of the markings texture where the numbers can be read.
0831031253.png

success!!!! Thank you very much TT
I'm a newbie scenery maker so if you okay.. can i get your facebook profile or something for asking something?

Yeah, that's waht I meant with "flipped" in the first place. Glad you got it working. :)

And welcome here at FSLunatics :p
Sorry for question again TT
Texture reverse mapping is perfectly solved but some weird error is coming..
Now i'm trying to in game test but.. one of the runway texture is melted..!!
And some textures? polygons? is look like cracked and lose theirs position..TT
Pls help me!!
0831175837.png

0831175848.png

0831175911.png

0831180307.png

Yeah, that's waht I meant with "flipped" in the first place. Glad you got it working. :)

And welcome here at FSLunatics :p
+
I trying to make ground real size and cracked polygons is solved but..
some very very wired textures is came out in my ground and still one of the runway is melted.... :(
And sometimes if i turned my camera, some textures is disappear. If i turned the camera to that textures, textures are suddnly appear.
Do you know why this problem came out?
Sorry for my long question TT
0831191228.png

0831191238.png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
with "melted" do you mean the stretchy look in the main area of the runway? I guess it is the same texture as further down the sides and was supposed to map the same?
Could you show me a picture of the UV map in Blender?

Also which way did you use for exporting?

with "melted" do you mean the stretchy look in the main area of the runway? I guess it is the same texture as further down the sides and was supposed to map the same?
Could you show me a picture of the UV map in Blender?

Also which way did you use for exporting?
I'm using collada!
And i found when i just converting collada to BGL, some triangles are appear.
Triangles are appear every different position and counts.
I never making triangles like that :(
0901001023.png

0901001027.png

0901000840.png

0831191238.png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
What about the Collada file in MCX? Does that look the way you want?

Also did you use any scale values in Blender's texture panel? (Don't)

What about the Collada file in MCX? Does that look the way you want?

Also did you use any scale values in Blender's texture panel? (Don't)
MCX renderer show me perfectly :(
I remember i never touch scale values in texture panel!

Last edited:

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
Did you use MCX's Ground Polygon Wizard by chance? There seems to be a bug when it has handling polygons which are really long, I think greater than 500m. If memory serves me correctly, when it attempts to split the polygons, sometimes it creates incorrect vertices which create new polygons. Try splitting your polygons into shorter segments in your original file and skipping that step in the MCX wizard.

Did you use MCX's Ground Polygon Wizard by chance? There seems to be a bug when it has handling polygons which are really long, I think greater than 500m. If memory serves me correctly, when it attempts to split the polygons, sometimes it creates incorrect vertices which create new polygons. Try splitting your polygons into shorter segments in your original file and skipping that step in the MCX wizard.
Thank you for your help..!!
I'm trying to splitting runway polygon but blender's knife tool is not work because of uv map.
Do you know how to split uv mapped face?

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
I actually do not do my modelling in blender. I model in Sketchup and then import to Blender only to bake my textures.
You could probably try the Bisect or Subdivide Tool. Someone more experienced with Blender modelling will have to assist you with that particular problem.

I actually do not do my modelling in blender. I model in Sketchup and then import to Blender only to bake my textures.
You could probably try the Bisect or Subdivide Tool. Someone more experienced with Blender modelling will have to assist you with that particular problem.
Solved!!! I tried to use knife tool and it working perfectly XD
Thank you TT