• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Can't add new objetc since last update 1 and SDK 8.0

Country
france
Hello,
I can't add new custom object since the last MSFS update as well as the SDK 8.0 .
Everything worked great before this update ..
Can someone help with it please .
I add objects everydays in my new scenery and now it don't work work anymore (just after the new update 1.1.6.0)

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
What isn't working, specifically? Do they not compile into a model library or do they just not show up?

Country
france
Sorry ,the subject was posted 2 times in few seconds , my mistake .
I have already answered in the second post and asked to delete this one .
The issue was it not compliled
I was able to add the new objetc by changing name and Guid (curious but it was that), so it is working now .
Thank you very much to answer for help
best regards

Country
france
I have the same problem :mad:

Try this :

1. Delete your Scenery Package in the comunity folder (the one you paste to test)
2.Be sure Material asset is opened (open it if needed)
3.Change the GUID of the last object who can't be added.

I hope it will help

Regards

Country
italy
I get this error (first time this happens, I have exported now more than 20 models all done the same way):

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:
ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <GLTFData
ERROR: sourceFile = C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\messina\_PackageInt\_tempFiles\modellib-messina\messina-lib\chiesapace\chiesapace.xml
ERROR: >
ERROR:

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <GLTFData> near line 8!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2006: Parse failed (0x 0)

chiesapace is the name of this model...

Thanks

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Attach your XML file, so others can find the problem.

Country
italy
The XML is the simple one, the same used by all the other objects (besided the guid number of course):

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<ModelInfo guid="{c98d6f47-39fa-4ac5-e209-b9b9f9ff15ba}" version="1.1"/>

There are no other XML in that folder.

I could attach the 3D object file, but same here, I can't see the difference from the other models in terms of structure...

Thanks

Country
us-texas
If you already thoroughly looked for the obvious (any left over files in any of your modellib directories?), or filename mismatches, and GUID/XML/Dir name conflicts...
Delete the packages directory and the packageint directory, you may have to manually delete FS 2020 cache. Reboot the PC as well in case of filelocks.

Assuming you checked all that stuff thoroughly, next step is process of elimination. Create a cube in the same Blender workspace, select ONLY the cube and try exporting the cube to the same model dir and name, does it work?

Maybe redo your textures from scratch might be my next attempt, you may have a bad texture file with something embedded or improper format.

If exporting a cube from the same Blender workspace worked but you cannot export your model, open a new instance of Blender and copy/paste your object from the old Blender instance to the new one. Now re-assign your textures. If that does not work still, then something specific to your object has something the parser cannot take, so next step is to continue process of elimination, split your model up into pieces and try exporting a single piece of the model (the most simple geometric piece), does that work?

If yes, then keep going, keep splitting, keep copy/pasting. Eventually you'll find the problem segment.

Country
italy
If you already thoroughly looked for the obvious (any left over files in any of your modellib directories?), or filename mismatches, and GUID/XML/Dir name conflicts...
Delete the packages directory and the packageint directory, you may have to manually delete FS 2020 cache. Reboot the PC as well in case of filelocks.

Assuming you checked all that stuff thoroughly, next step is process of elimination. Create a cube in the same Blender workspace, select ONLY the cube and try exporting the cube to the same model dir and name, does it work?

Maybe redo your textures from scratch might be my next attempt, you may have a bad texture file with something embedded or improper format.

If exporting a cube from the same Blender workspace worked but you cannot export your model, open a new instance of Blender and copy/paste your object from the old Blender instance to the new one. Now re-assign your textures. If that does not work still, then something specific to your object has something the parser cannot take, so next step is to continue process of elimination, split your model up into pieces and try exporting a single piece of the model (the most simple geometric piece), does that work?

If yes, then keep going, keep splitting, keep copy/pasting. Eventually you'll find the problem segment.

Thank you very much. I was able to solve the problem doing like you suggested, I just removed parts of the model until I found a little part of it (not even the most complicated) that caused the issue ;):)👏

Country
italy
Is your mod in the community folder?
MSFS has an issue with overrides. As long as you keep your mod in the community folder while working on it, the only way to show up a model is to build the package then update the mod in that folder. If you are hardly working on it, rely on source files only. This means remove the mod from the Community folder and open it as a plain project. Your models will be there ;)

Country
italy
Is your mod in the community folder?
MSFS has an issue with overrides. As long as you keep your mod in the community folder while working on it, the only way to show up a model is to build the package then update the mod in that folder. If you are hardly working on it, rely on source files only. This means remove the mod from the Community folder and open it as a plain project. Your models will be there ;)
I'm aware of that, thanks. I discovered it when I added my second model :D

Anyway I modelled the same way the part that caused the bug and now magically it works fine as you can see :stirthepo:wizard:🤣

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 1_8_01.jpg
    1_8_01.jpg
    953.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 1_8_02.jpg
    1_8_02.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 172
Thank you very much. I was able to solve the problem doing like you suggested, I just removed parts of the model until I found a little part of it (not even the most complicated) that caused the issue ;):)👏
Do you remember specifically what was wrong with it? I think i have the same problem but on an aircraft

Country
italy
Do you remember specifically what was wrong with it? I think i have the same problem but on an aircraft
It didn't make any sense. It was just a small part under the dome. I cancelled and did it again, the same way, and it worked then. That part is just a cylinder with some extruded faces 🤷‍♂️

Country
canada
no matter what I do I can no longer now import a lgtf from blender (i had done so many many times in the past...) same modelLib and project, all of a sudden nothing comes in.

I see the console react to the dump out of blender without error and no its just not in the scenery list. this is so frustrating.