• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX changing wave direction

Messages
5,214
Hi,

(Not sure where to put this question)

In FS9 there used to be a program to change the wave direction of the ocean swell to N, W,E or S.
In FSX I cannot find such a thing and have not found out how to do it without a program (changing wind direction in the weather settings does not sort any effect).
Does anyone know how to?
Thanks,

Roby
 
I think the DX10 preview has weather influenced water, but I'm not sure you can change the water otherwise.
 
Thanks Orion.

I do not run DX10 for various reasons.
I do know that you can change the flow direction through the rotation in the waterconstants.xml but do not know exactly what to change as I have a whole bunch of waterBumpRotation entries.
 
Hi,

Just fyi:

A reply to my question in the Striking Software forum mentioned having to change some things in the FSX shader folder but without them knowing what exactly.
I do not think it has anything to do with DX10 as the program called Oceanfx is doing it in FS9.
 
Back
Top