• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Crosswind Runways

Country
us-michigan
I have created Crosswind Runways for the following airports attached. The runways are going west/east and north/south. I'm not sure if I have done this correctly according to Jim's tutorial for crosswind runways.

Attachments

• KTVC_ADEX_TvR.bgl
    36.3 KB · Views: 158
  • KGRR_ADEX_CMH.bgl
    56.7 KB · Views: 149
Ok,
I'll take KTVC first, you do not have enough fake runways to reach 180.5 you stopped at 17/35, you can number the rest what you like, i usually number them with some Left, Center or right in sequence to 17/35
you also then need to drag 18/36 to the bottom of your final list, then immediately save your airport
make a note of the fake runways, you can then go to your airport and using ATIS see if it calls out "All" of runways

KGRR, same thing again, not enough fake runways, you also need to drag 17/35 to the bottom of your final list then save your airport, and test in ATIS...........
this one you also need to delete runway node "Index 11" where the runways cross, then redraw the runway black lines, i see you done this in KTVC, this will stop aircraft using runways as taxiways

just an observation, you have duplicate A7's change the left one to A8, run fault finder to find this issue
a few wobbly taxiways need straightening (A, V and D) if you like straight taxiways................

so a little more work needed, your 7.8 fake runways are ok :)

Okay, how about now?

Attachments

• KTVC_ADEX_TvR.bgl
    36.5 KB · Views: 143
  • KGRR_ADEX_CMH.bgl
    56.8 KB · Views: 165
almost there,
KTVC, you now have 2 runway 18's, change the fake 18 to 17L, you should have a red box in ADE down in the bottom left hand corner telling you
All the fake runways must have different numbers even to the real ones

KGRR, same problem 2 runway 17/35's, change the fake 17/35 to 16L, also the real airport runway 17/35 is not at the bottom of your list, so drag it there and save
if the fake runways are not nestled between the airport runways then it will not work, ATIS will also not call out the last 3 fake runways

Last edited:
How about now? For KGRR I dragged 17/35 to the bottom like you said?

Attachments

• KTVC_ADEX_TvR.bgl
    36.5 KB · Views: 449
  • KGRR_ADEX_CMH.bgl
    56.8 KB · Views: 160
One good to go, one needs the fake runways corrected

KTVC looks good now, have you tested this in the sim?

KGRR, for some reason the first 2 fake runways are not correct, adding 7.8 to 81.3 is 89.1 and 96.9, the rest follow 7.8 and look ok..........................
then try testing in the sim

I tested in the sim and it worked! Thanks for your help! Just keep in mind that I'm a first time user to crosswind runways so if I need something I will either probably create a new thread or reply in the same thread.

Can i take it both are now working for you?
The trick is to double check and double check the fake runway headings, 0.1 out and you can break the sequence to activating non parallel runways
This is why using ATIS is always a good test, the next one you do will hopefully be easier :)

Back