• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Custom Multiplayer Shared Gauges

Country
unitedstates
Now that Susan (ACES) has released some information on how to write Custom Gauges that share Information over the standard FSX MP system, I am wondering what success developers have had in implementing such gauges ?

I am looking into developing a simconnect "addon" that would share a number of custom parameters over Multiplayer, and would be most interested in talking to someone who has already done this, or who has an interest in doing something similar.

No point in re-inventing the wheel.

Interested, or willing to give some direction ? Drop me a line here in FSDeveloper, or respond in public, in this post.

Geoff_D

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Geoff, while looking through the SDK yesterday, I noticed something that I'd previously overlooked, or perhaps my eyes had glazed over by that point:

Of course, I can't FIND the reference again (which only proves how buried it is!), but the general sense of it was...

...all L:var,unit type variables are shared in multi-player...

What this implies is that even in the case of C gauges, one method of cross-sharing non-default data across the network is through use of custom L:vars... ;)

Country
unitedstates
Geoff, while looking through the SDK yesterday, I noticed something that I'd previously overlooked, or perhaps my eyes had glazed over by that point:

Of course, I can't FIND the reference again (which only proves how buried it is!), but the general sense of it was...

...all L:var,unit type variables are shared in multi-player...

What this implies is that even in the case of C gauges, one method of cross-sharing non-default data across the network is through use of custom L:vars... ;)

I think I found it:-

When ESP is running in the shared cockpit scenario of multi-player mode, local ( L: ) and gauge ( G: ) parameters are synchronized between the two aircraft. Note also that local and gauge parameters are available to all other gauges in an aircraft panel, so information can be shared among gauges, though care should be taken to name each variable uniquely and clearly.

The way I read this, is ONLY between two planes using "Shared Cockpit" in Multiplayer, not ALL MP aircraft.

I am thinking more in terms of a RADAR, getting information from ALL Planes.

There are a few player/aircraft variables that are available to ALL players in a MP session. ie PlayerName, Aircraft Altitude.

MY requirement is to share some others, and some custom ones.

I believe this could be via a Simconnect addon, that added these required variables to the built in FSX MP communications.

Geoff_D