• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Dynamic vehicles

Hello guys

I have made a few moving cars using Gmax. No problem here.
I wish to add at least 1 vehicle that have a more complicated
route and will be active 24Hr 365 Days.
I read that NL2000 team did that by using a ground vehicle
following an AFCAD of a none-existing airport.

To make things short, I have the vehicle ( with AIR, cfg,textures)
put in the aircraft folder and made a flight plan using ttools.
Having no experience with making flight plans, things are
not working. I do get the flightplan BGL, but I cant see anything
in the scenery.
So, if anyone could just elaborate on the subject, or even just
show me what the text on the flight plane should look like,
it would be much appreciated . :)

Neal

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Neal,

One member of the NL2000 team indeed did some tests with that, but I must say I am not a big fan of the AFCAD method. I think it has too many drawbacks.

I think Holger explained how it works on the AvSim forum, our team member used his techniques.

I prefer to use normal GMax animations to get my vehicles driving on the airport though.

arno said:
Hi Neal,

One member of the NL2000 team indeed did some tests with that, but I must say I am not a big fan of the AFCAD method. I think it has too many drawbacks.

I think Holger explained how it works on the AvSim forum, our team member used his techniques.

I prefer to use normal GMax animations to get my vehicles driving on the airport though.

Hi Arno

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem for me using Gmax is that my ground textures were placed using
Ground Maker. So in gmax I can't realy tell were to place my vehicles for
a complicated route. Everything is ready, I just need to know how to write
the flight plan realy.
I'll see if I can find something in Avsim forum :banghead:

Thanks

Neal

Hi, what is Your vehicle supposed to do? Come to the aircraft and refuel it? Do You have a bus, that should go from the terminal and then to the aircraft and back? Or it is some car that just moves around the airport? If first two things are true, then You will hardly escape creating dynamic scenery...

Best regards,

Hi Goran

I have a bus which have a simple task. It simply
needs to go from the terminal to one of the approns and back in a close loop.
Nothing fency :)
Problem is, the route has many curves so even with
trials and errors I won't be able to produce it with Gmax.

As I said in the begining of this thread, I don't have much
experience writing flight plans and I'm trying to move the bus
as one would an AI airplane. I tried to write a plan for a T&G
but I'm pretty sure there are issues regarding it's schedules or others
I did wrong.

So...still need to know how t should be done.

Thanks

Neal

Neal,
still I would do it with dynamic scenery. I would use DOD for the start and FltRec (homepage is somewhere on the Avsim's web) to record the path. After I have the path, I would convert it using DOD to some more normal instructions and tune it with curves...
Of Course You can try also FSDyn! which directly creates the scenery from the recorded path.
If You need help, please do ask.

Best regards,

Thanks for the help Goran

Didn't even know those tool before.
Anyway, Ive decided to give up on this one
for now. My scenery is already at Avsim.