• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Fs9 Crash Problem.

Country
venezuela
Hello Friends.

NEED YOUR HELP...

I am new in this great forum and beginner in scenery programs (new ones). I start my scenery project using FSDS 3.0. and AFX 1.01...

just 2 bgl files, 1 containing buildings, fingers, tower etc. and the last one the ground, taxi ways, etc.

when i test it, fs9 load it fine as normal. but if i T/O after 3 min. it crash, even if i do flight from other airport, same problem in app.

sorry for my poor English.

Country
us-washington
Galeb- Welcome to the family!

A ctd (crash to desktop) can often happen when there are 2 of the same afcads running. This sometimes happens in FS9. How I can't remember. Stock airport is disabled when you make another similar one I thought. Anyway. This can happen at times.

Can you send me a zip file of your scenery- I and others can then test this to see what is going on. :)

My Friend in Seattle had something similar happen. All was well until he turned left to a certain degree for his approach. At a precise point each time he would CTD. This meant whatever was coming into view at that precise point there was a conflict.

This conflict is usually two afcads "fighting' each other for attention from your computer. Your computer usually then says, "OK... enough of this! I'm done!" Suddenly you are looking at your desktop! Bob

Country
venezuela
Hello

Thank you Jyarddog.

I tested the scenery many times. I removed every file one by one and same prob. My friends tested it in their fs9`s and reported same problem. Fs9 freeze, and then shuts down

But they are not experts…

Damascus scenery

azm

Last edited:
Country
us-washington
Galeb- I tried to download the two files from Zshare. It timed out- so it stopped. I then got a message if there was a problem with the download.... I could install a download manager to help with this. I started to when my anti9-virus halted everything and warned me not to do it. Two exe files were moved to my virus vault and I had to restart my machine.

If you can send the files with winzip it would be easier. If not .rar is ok. Try sending it with "Yousendit". PM me first for my e-mail.

I know you did not send a virus, but some of these utilities sometimes look like viruses when they aren't. anyway I wish not to take any chances.

what is this azm file? Is this from FSDS called temp.azm? That file is used to set conditions with programs like Arno's CAT. This program changes that file to something FS9 can use after you made the conditions you wanted. Do the above and I will look at this. In the meantime someone else might pop in here and help as well. I will wait for you pm message, then I will send my e-mail through the pm. Bob

Country
venezuela
very sorry for the inconvenient.

yes you are wright this is the FSDS temp. i send it to know if there is something wrong. or to know if this files have any relations with the problem.

i will check all the files first and resend them with win-zip.

Last edited:
Country
venezuela
With all the files removed does your FS9 still shut down?

no if i remove the files everything goes normal.
the freeze and shut down fs9 only its when i use the scenery. and not occur immediately i have time to prepare the flight and after take of 3min approximately fs9 freeze.

Last edited:
Country
us-washington
Wow! That's a hoot! I have AVG also! Anyway- I cannot think of any reason why one would use an asm file as is. I wonder if that might be causing the crash.

On the other hand if there is a file FS9 doesn't recognize I would think FS9 would just ignore it.

Usually we get a CTD if there are conflicting AFCADS. Anyway will look and youir files when you send them. Perhaps someone else might have an idea or two? Bob

Country
us-washington
got your message and replied but not sure if it will take. You have things set so as not to receive e-mails. Will pm youi. when youi come into fsdeveolper look at top right side of page. youi will see "private messages" 1 un read etc. click on it. Open teh pm from me. will go do it now. Bob